Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AGA
One of the biggest complaints about the federal economic stimulus bill signed into law by President Obama a year ago was that it burdened states with onerous financial reporting requirements to account for spending on local stimulus projects. But now, in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, the Comptroller for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has kudos for federal officials who are working with states to track stimulus spending.
AGA President Relmond Van Daniker joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the conference, the intersection of fraud and technology and how federal managers can also benefit from better fraud-detection efforts.
Tags: American Recovery and Reinvestment Act , Governmental Accounting Standards , Travel Reengineering , Defense Enterprise Accounting and Management , Financial and Performance Reporting , Citizen Centric Reporting , Patrick Oki , 2009 Governmental Professional Development Confere
Nevada has become the first state to issue their own scaled-down, citizen-centric stimulus report.
The Association of Government Accountants recently held their Eighth Annual National Leadership Conference at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center (February 18-19, 2010). AGA's National President Billy Morehead, spoke with Federal News Radio' Jane Norris about his mission for the AGA. As the only association President that is also an academic, (Chair of the Division of Accountancy for Delta State University) Morehead has made it his mission to work with students and prepare them for financial management careers in Federal, State and Local Government. He says that AGA has been talking with the Federal Government about establishing a robust intern program. And that on the job training, is a necessary ingredient for establishing a successful career path.
It's been one year since Congress passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Recovery Accountability and Transparency board Executive Director H. Glen Walker gives Federal News Radio insight as to how reporting is going, what more needs to be done, and what 2010 has in store for recovery funds.
President Barack Obama lauded the Senate for passing new "pay-as-you-go" budget rules, a measure he has pushed for to help address runaway government spending.