Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AGA
Federal News Radio's Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp reported live on the morning of Feb. 11, 2014, from the 2012 AGA National Leadership Conference at the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington, D.C.
Federal News Radio interviews Comptroller General Gene Dodaro; Margo Sheridan, DoD's director of Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness; Dennis Taitano, the Navy's deputy assistant secretary for Financial Operations; and Steve Herrera, Air Force Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations, at the annual conference.
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
A new survey by the Association of Government Accountants and Grant Thornton finds federal CFOs and their staffs have only enough time, money and know-how to do the basics around financial management. Agency financial managers are frustrated with having to face ever-increasing mandates with fewer people.
A new survey of the inspector general community says tighter budgets are making it difficult for IGs to do their jobs effectively. Sequestration hasn't help matters either.
OMB and Treasury have been working with the four federal financial management shared services providers to collect information on cost and performance. OMB Deputy Controller Norman Dong said the data will help agencies make true comparisons of the providers.
Danny Werfel, controller at the Office of Management and Budget, spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin from the Association of Government Accountants National Leadership conference, where he'll deliver a report on federal finance.
Relmond Van Daniker, executive director of the Association of Government Accountants, touts the programs offered at the AGA National Leadership Conference that bring leaders together from across the country to solve shared problems.
Federal News Radio speaks with guests and panelists from the Association of Government Accountants' annual conference in Washington, D.C. The conference features insight into managing risk and the role financial management plays in mission delivery.
The Association of Government Accountants is calling on the government to change how it finds and hires chief operating officers. AGA said better hires should lead to better program performance. And despite finding a number of shortcomings, AGA said performance improvement is working across the government.