Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. details the union's continuing fight against sequestration on behalf of federal employees. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also discusses efforts to defeat privatization while AFGE National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.
AFGE's J. David Cox, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will talk about the impact of sequestration and the possiblity that federal workers will be furloughed.
March 27, 2013
The FEHBP Drug Integrity, Transparency and Cost Savings Act would give OPM more oversight of contracts and pricing methods. Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) said the bill would save the government billions.
Rep. John Sarbanes warns of sequestration's long-term consequences on "Inside Government" - March 22, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes, D-Md., discusses the long-term, negative consequences of sequestration while First Command Financial Services District Advisor Bob Hill offers financial tips for federal employees facing furloughs. Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey and AFGE Transportation Security Administration Local 556 President Don Thomas also appear.
Federal News Radio wants photos from the National Day of Protest rallies being held in your cities on March 20.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel advocates for additional staff and protective equipment for BOP correctional officers in the wake of an officer killed in the line of duty. Jean Dearden of the National Labor College discusses NLC's Bonnie Ladin Union Skills Program while Democracy for America Chair Jim Dean argues for the preservation of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. AFGE VA Local 1843 representatives Kelvin Flannery and Betty White address the impact sequestration would have on veterans.
Employees at TSA, CBP and Bureau of Prisons will no longer be able to work overtime. SSA offers its employees a new round of early retirements to deal with budget shortfalls. AFGE continues to press Congress, White House to stop sequestration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Housing and Urban Development Council 222 President Eddie Eitches and Department of Defense Local 2142 President Joe Gonzales detail the devastating impact sequestration would have on their respective agencies. AFGE Bureau of Prisons Local 1112 representatives Mike Schnobrich and April Bennett and Transportation Security Administration Local 778 Executive Vice President Bobby Newsome also appear.
Rep. Hank Johnson discusses Social Security, dangers of sequestration on "Inside Government" - February 22, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., defends Social Security's solvency and long-term viability. AFGE Air Force Materiel Command Council 214 President Troy Tingey, Council of Prison Locals Western Region Vice President Michael Meserve and William Beaumont Army Medical Center Local 2516 President Paul Ferris also address workplace issues and legislative priorities for 2013.
Customs and Border Protection became one of the first civilian agencies to notify the union that represents their employees that they want to begin discussing the implementation of furloughs under sequestration. NTEU and AFGE expect to hear from more agencies in the next two weeks if cuts from sequestration go into effect March 1.