Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Bob Weiner, former Clinton White House spokesman, details sequestration's harmful effects on cancer research while Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) analyzes the president's budget proposal. AFGE Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis also discusses the union's labor agreement with the Small Business Administration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski and National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare President Max Richtman voice opposition to President Obama's chained CPI budget proposal and its impact on seniors, veterans and federal employees. AFGE Public Policy Director Jacque Simon also analyzes proposed changes to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference (DEFCON) Chair Don Hale analyzes the Defense Department's plan to reduce furlough days while newly elected 14th District National Vice President Eric Bunn discusses his top priorities. AFGE General Counsel David Borer details the union's latest legal victories and National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. details the union's continuing fight against sequestration on behalf of federal employees. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also discusses efforts to defeat privatization while AFGE National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.
AFGE's J. David Cox, and Federal Times Senior Writer Sean Reilly will talk about the impact of sequestration and the possiblity that federal workers will be furloughed.
March 27, 2013
The FEHBP Drug Integrity, Transparency and Cost Savings Act would give OPM more oversight of contracts and pricing methods. Rep. Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) said the bill would save the government billions.
Rep. John Sarbanes warns of sequestration's long-term consequences on "Inside Government" - March 22, 2013
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes, D-Md., discusses the long-term, negative consequences of sequestration while First Command Financial Services District Advisor Bob Hill offers financial tips for federal employees facing furloughs. Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey and AFGE Transportation Security Administration Local 556 President Don Thomas also appear.
Federal News Radio wants photos from the National Day of Protest rallies being held in your cities on March 20.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel advocates for additional staff and protective equipment for BOP correctional officers in the wake of an officer killed in the line of duty. Jean Dearden of the National Labor College discusses NLC's Bonnie Ladin Union Skills Program while Democracy for America Chair Jim Dean argues for the preservation of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. AFGE VA Local 1843 representatives Kelvin Flannery and Betty White address the impact sequestration would have on veterans.
Employees at TSA, CBP and Bureau of Prisons will no longer be able to work overtime. SSA offers its employees a new round of early retirements to deal with budget shortfalls. AFGE continues to press Congress, White House to stop sequestration.