Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
The American Federal of Government Employees says the Housing and Urban Development Department's plan to reorganize to save costs runs counter to an agreement it has with the union over employee furloughs.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Environmental Protection Agency Local 704 member Elizabeth Lytle, a cancer survivor and disabled veteran, discusses the financial and emotional toll of being furloughed. Maryland Citizens Health Initiative President Vincent DeMarco provides an update on Maryland's implementation of the Affordable Care Act while AFGE's Bill Fletcher Jr. discusses his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths about Unions".
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union recognizes federal nurses as it celebrates National Nurses Week. Guests include AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr., 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard, and representatives from the AFGE's Council of Prison Locals and National Veterans Affairs Council.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee approved six bills that would affect the day-to-day workings of the federal government.
Tags: Congress , Senate , Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committ , Federal Real Property Asset Management Reform Act , Hatch Act Modernization Act of 2012 , management , Government Accountability Office , Tom Carper , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , Esther Carey , Beth Moten
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" EPA Council 238 President Chuck Orzehoskie and Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers discuss the latest furlough developments at EPA and DOD while AFGE Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten highlights the union's legislative efforts to end furloughs. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick also appears.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Chris Hayes, host of MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes," discusses workplace safety issues and the value of public employees. GovLoop Community Engagement Director Andrew Krzmarzick and AFGE FAA Local 2282 President Greg Brooks address federal government furloughs while AFGE Small Business Administration Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis details the union's labor agreement with SBA.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Bob Weiner, former Clinton White House spokesman, details sequestration's harmful effects on cancer research while Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) analyzes the president's budget proposal. AFGE Council 228 President Elaine Powell-Belnavis also discusses the union's labor agreement with the Small Business Administration.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski and National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare President Max Richtman voice opposition to President Obama's chained CPI budget proposal and its impact on seniors, veterans and federal employees. AFGE Public Policy Director Jacque Simon also analyzes proposed changes to the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference (DEFCON) Chair Don Hale analyzes the Defense Department's plan to reduce furlough days while newly elected 14th District National Vice President Eric Bunn discusses his top priorities. AFGE General Counsel David Borer details the union's latest legal victories and National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. details the union's continuing fight against sequestration on behalf of federal employees. Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale also discusses efforts to defeat privatization while AFGE National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran addresses sequestration's impact on border security.