Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
The goal of the mentoring hub is to provide a one-stop shop and standardize, in many respects, how mentoring and knowledge sharing are done across the government. The first pilot focuses on human resources and problem solving. It includes a series of group mentoring events to share techniques for solving problems.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" AFGE Defense Conference Vice Chair Patty Viers and Marine Corps Council 240 President Brian Leonard discuss the impact of furloughs and how AFGE members can fight back. Members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration while Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" members of AFGE's Department of Defense Local 2077 at the Selfridge Air National Guard Base in Michigan address the personal and professional toll of furloughs and sequestration. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale discusses assistance for AFGE members facing furloughs and Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul makes the connection between U.S. manufacturing and national security.
Thousands of federal employees at four separate government agencies are required to take an unpaid furlough day July 5. Meanwhile, employees at two government agencies could see a diminished impact of furloughs.
A new memo from the Defense Department tells field commanders and managers not to shift workloads onto military personnel or contractors, and not to require civilians to work longer hours to make up for productivity losses during mandatory furlough days.
With the Supreme Court's overturning of the Defense of Marriage Act, same-sex spouses of both federal employees and military personnel will be eligible for the same benefits previously only available to opposite-sex couples.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel addresses workplace safety concerns as assaults on staff continue in the Bureau of Prisons. California Labor Federation Executive Secretary-Treasurer Art Pulaski continues the workplace safety discussion while AFGE Department of Defense Local 2228 David Bamburg details the impact of federal employee furloughs at Ellsworth AFB.
A new commission, proposed by David Walker, former U.S. comptroller general, would recommend ways to streamline government by removing duplication and extraneous spending from government agencies. Federal-employee unions criticized the proposal and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee lawmakers expressed skepticism that such a proposal could gain congressional approval.
Tags: management , budget , oversight , Congress , best practices , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Mica , Carolyn Maloney , David Walker , Stephen Goldsmith , Elaine Kamarck , J. David Cox , Government Transformation Initiative , Reinventing Government
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Field Mobilization Director Tucker McDonald details the union's field mobilization plan in its fight against sequestration and federal employee furloughs. AFGE Department of Veterans Affairs Council 259 President Patrick Russell discusses efforts to prevent the closure of a VA hospital in Hot Springs, S.D. while Transportation Security Administration Local 778 Executive Vice President Bobby Newsome addresses challenges Transportation Security Officers face at the workplace.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" J. David Cox Sr., president of AFGE, urges furloughed federal employees to file appeals with the Merit Systems Protection Board while Field Services and Education Director Dave Cann discusses furlough resources available to members. AFGE Assistant General Counsel Matt Milledge addresses employee appeal rights and Defense Conference Chair Don Hale analyzes sequestration's impact on military readiness.