Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" attendees of the union's recent National Veterans Affairs Council Convention discuss issues impacting veterans and workers at the Department of Veterans Affairs. Guests include Ohio State Senator Nina Turner, AFGE VA Local 1273 Vice President Travis Riggs and John Bradley, former senior staffer on the House and Senate Veterans Affairs committees.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. proposes reforms at the Transportation Security Administration after last week's shooting at the Los Angeles International Airport. Rep. Donna Edwards (Md.) discusses upcoming budget battles on Capitol Hill, AFGE Federal Protective Service Local 918 President David Wright addresses training concerns with the FPS contractor workforce and DoD Local 2024 Chief Steward Donald Hands talks about ways to engage retired union members.
Tags: TSA ,
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Border Patrol Council Vice President Shawn Moran opposes a Customs and Border Protection proposal that would mandate the use of cameras in vehicles and on Border Patrol agents. Federal Employee Education and Assistance Fund Communications and Development Director Robyn Kehoe details FEEA's efforts to help federal employees furloughed due to sequestration and the government shutdown. AFGE TSA Local 556 President Don Thomas and DoD Local 2516 President Paul Ferris also appear.
When House and Senate lawmakers kicked off formal budget negotiations this week for the first time since the government shutdown ended, both Republicans and Democrats said replacing sequestration, the blunt across-the-board budget cuts, with an alternative plan would be a top priority. The sticking point remains how to pay for it. Federal-employee unions and advocacy groups fear federal pay and benefits will once again be on the table.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. John Sarbanes (Md.) looks back on the government shutdown and praises federal employees' commitment to public service while former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner discusses what's next as new budget deadlines approach. AFGE Department of Defense Local 2077 President Jon Suminski and Executive Vice President Darold Hubbard also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Transportation Security Administration Local 1127 President George Stebbins and Department of Transportation Local 3313 VP Tyler Patterson discuss the union's future from AFGE's recent Leadership Conference. Working America North Carolina State Director Carolyn Smith and AFGE TSA Local 1127 member Jason Miller also appear from the recent North Carolina State AFL-CIO Convention.
A tally totaling the costs of the government shutdown on the Defense Department only includes lost work-hours from civilian furloughs, not additional government costs from interest payments, contract delays or other impacts from the shutdown. AFGE and NTEU are asking agencies to speed up back pay to federal workers.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Alliance for American Manufacturing President Scott Paul discusses the government shutdown's impact on U.S. manufacturing. North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin, retired AFGE SSA Local 3509 member Michael Gravinese and American Postal Workers Union Local 1078 member Louis Forrisi also appear from the recent North Carolina AFL-CIO Convention.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox Sr. addresses the government shutdown and its impact on employees and public services. AFGE SSA Local 836 EVP Matt Perlinger discusses the importance of engaging younger union members and Professor Jeffrey Hilgert talks about his book, "Hazard or Hardship: Crafting Global Norms on the Right to Refuse Unsafe Work."