Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
Neither of the two federal unions to represent 44,000 Transportation Security Agency employees received a majority of the vote. The election will go into a run-off in the next few weeks.
Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)
President, AFGE Department of Defense Local 1945
Former Clinton White House senior spokesman
AFGE president John Gage says it is unconstitutional for the government to order federal employees to work without pay, even during a shutdown. He told Federal News Radio a possible compromise won't stop the union from suing to prove the point.
As the clock continues to count down to a shutdown, Federal News Radio is hearing from federal workers about how a shutdown will impact them. We talk with AFGE's Kenneth Jones.
President Obama expects to have an answer Friday morning about whether a shutdown can be averted. Meanwhile agencies have new guidance from OMB on how to prepare to close down their offices. Federal workers vent frustrations and ask questions during a town hall meeting sponsored by Rep. Jim Moran.
Tags: management , shutdown , Barack Obama , John Boehner , Harry Reid , Jim Moran , OPM , OMB , Congress , Dina Long , NTEU , Dan Adcock , NARFE , SSA , DoT , FAA , Jason Miller , budget , furlough , budget 2011
The largest federal employees' union has filing a lawsuit against the Obama administration for failing to provide details of agencies' shutdown plans. Attorney Bill Bransford breaks it down for us.
AFGE National President
AFGE 14th District National Vice President
Dr. Fredrick Snow
President, Grantham University
AFGE says OMB failed to provide copies of shutdown contingency plans in response to a FOIA request last month.
Two employee unions, NTEU and NFFE, want their members to make their voices heard about what they say is the real impact of a government shutdown. The organizations are asking federal employees to call their member of Congress April 5. The unions also are trying to improve how they communicate with members about the shutdown.
Host, MSNBC's "The Ed Show"
AFGE DEFCON Chair
AFGE DEFCON Vice Chair
AFGE Marine Corps Council President
Families USA Executive Director