Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
House Oversight and Government Reform members disagreed on the whether federal employees should perform union activities during the work day. A bill banning official time has been introduced which AFGE says would all but end collective bargaining rights.
Tags: pay and benefits , Stephen Lynch , Dennis Ross , Phil Gingrey , Tim Curry , OPM , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , John Gage , Vincent Vernuccio , Competitive Enterprise Institute , official time , labor-management relations , Jason Miller
Transportation security officers will begin voting May 23 in a run-off election to decide which of two unions they want to be represented by.
Transportation Security Administration Administrator John Pistole granted collective bargaining rights to the nation's 40,000 airport screeners. The decision comes eight months after Pistole became TSA administrator.
The Republican Study Committee introduced the Spending Reduction Act that would eliminate USAID and three other small agencies. It also would take spending back to 2006 levels in fiscal 2012. The legislation also would cut or reduce spending in 100 programs such as agency travel budgets and require the collection of unpaid taxes from federal employees.
Tags: pay and benefits , Chris Van Hollen , Morgan Griffith , Jim Matheson , Republican Study Committee , USAID , Spending Reduction Act , NTEU , Colleen Kelley , John Gage , federal workforce , federal employee pay , Deficit Commission , Jason Miller
The Federal Labor Relations Authority has ruled that a guideline restricting how employees at Social Security Administration teleservice centers use annual leave violates the union's national agreement.
Some of the budget cutting ideas like pay cuts and freezes, furloughs and cutbacks are "just crazy" according to a federal employee union official.
What does the language in the continuing resolution mean for federal employees? AFGE's Jackie Simon tries to answer some of the most pressing questions around the two-year pay freeze and how the CR affects performance bonuses and step increases. OMB is expected to offer guidance in the coming weeks.
The federal pay debate is heating up again with a report today that feds who make $150,000 or more have increased tenfold in the last five years.
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Seth Harris , Jeff Zients , OPM , OMB , Labor , John Gage , Colleen Kelley , Patricia Niehaus , NTEU , FMA , telework , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller