Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
The Federal Labor Relations Authority has ruled that a guideline restricting how employees at Social Security Administration teleservice centers use annual leave violates the union's national agreement.
Some of the budget cutting ideas like pay cuts and freezes, furloughs and cutbacks are "just crazy" according to a federal employee union official.
What does the language in the continuing resolution mean for federal employees? AFGE's Jackie Simon tries to answer some of the most pressing questions around the two-year pay freeze and how the CR affects performance bonuses and step increases. OMB is expected to offer guidance in the coming weeks.
The federal pay debate is heating up again with a report today that feds who make $150,000 or more have increased tenfold in the last five years.
AFGE, NTEU lead discussion to broaden discussion about telecommuting to more than just during emergencies. The White House is working on a new governmentwide telework policy. AFGE wants to add telework options into new bargaining agreements.
Tags: pay and benefits , John Berry , Seth Harris , Jeff Zients , OPM , OMB , Labor , John Gage , Colleen Kelley , Patricia Niehaus , NTEU , FMA , telework , National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relat , Jason Miller
Commissioner, U.S. Election Assistance Commission
AFGE 14th District National Vice President
AFGE Field Services and Education Department Director
Former AFGE General Counsel
Former Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-Tenn.)
Author of "More Davids Than Goliaths: A Political Education"
Executive Director, National Education Association
Former Rep. Bob Edgar (D-Pa.)
President & CEO, Common Cause
Federal Times "Money Matters" Columnist
Southeast Regional Vice President, AFGE Council of Prison Locals
Dr. Elsie Scott
President and CEO, Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
Former President, AFGE FEMA Local 4060
Secretary-Treasurer, AFGE Federal Law Enforcement Steering Committee
President, Maryland Citizens Health Initiative
Chairman, Merit Systems Protection Board
AFGE 6th District National Vice President
Author of "Enterprise 2.0: New Collaborative Tools for Your Organization's Toughest Challenges"
President, Hooks Book Events