Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Economic Policy Institute Economist Monique Morrissey discusses the outlook for Social Security's trust fund, while AFGE 14th District National Representative Johnnie Walker details a new affordable housing program for D.C. government workers. Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law Public Policy Director Tanya Clay House and GovLoop Founder and President Steve Ressler also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey discusses President Obama's "Buffett Rule" tax legislation, while GovLoop Founder and President Steve Ressler previews the Next Generation of Government Summit. National Women's Law Center vice presidents Emily Martin and Judy Waxman join Ian Millhiser from the Center for American Progress to discuss health care reform.
The American Federation of Government Employees has asked the Office of Special Counsel to investigate the case of a VA doctor who believes she was unfairly targeted by superiors due to her critical Senate testimony.
Congress returns to session this week with a few short months to reach a budget resolution for the new fiscal year starting Oct. 1 and agree on how to avoid the automatic spending cuts of $1.2 trillion over the next decade that will be triggered Jan. 2, 2013, under the Budget Control Act debt limit deal. But don't expect much to get accomplished before the election, say budget experts.
Tags: Steve Bell , Bipartisan Policy Center , Julie Tagen , NARFE , Beth Moten , Colleen Kelley , NTEU , pay and benefits , budget , Congress , Budget Control Act , sequestration , workforce , retirement , Robert Tobias , American University
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" U.S. Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., addresses voter protection concerns ahead of the 2012 election season, and Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul discusses job creation and the state of U.S. manufacturing. Also, Families USA Executive Director Ron Pollack discusses health care reform.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" U.S. Reps. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C., Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, and Donna Christensen, D-Virgin Islands, discuss health care reform in the U.S. as the Supreme Court considers the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act. Center for American Progress President Neera Tanden, Common Cause President and CEO and former Rep. Bob Edgar, D-Pa., and Maryland Citizens' Health Initiative President Vinny DeMarco also join the discussion.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" the union's Public Policy Director Jacque Simon analyzes the House Republican 2013 budget proposal and the potential impact on federal workers and public services. AFGE 3rd District National Vice President Keith Hill then turns the focus to Transportation Security Officers and the challenges they face at the workplace. Lastly, SUNY at Stony Brook Center for Study of Working Class Life Director Michael Zweig details his book, "The Working Class Majority: America's Best Kept Secret."
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals President Dale Deshotel and TSA Local 1120 Montana Vice President Eric Wood shed light on the dangers of privatization at their agencies. Food & Water Watch Senior Lobbyist Tony Corbo addresses ongoing concerns with a proposal to change federal poultry inspections while AFGE DoD Local 2142 President Joe Gonzales details the impact of workplace conditions on employee morale.
The Senate has defeated an amendment to a transportation bill that would have extended the federal pay freeze through 2013. In a 57-41 vote, lawmakers rejected the amendment, introduced last week by Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.). The measure needed 60 votes to pass. Federal unions applauded the news.
Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) introduced an amendment to the Surface Transportation Bill that offers part-time employment to retiring feds. The Senate passed the amendment Thursday.