Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly, D-Va., discusses the value of public service while OurFuture.org Executive Editor Isaiah J. Poole previews the Take Back the American Dream Conference June 18 - 20. Hooks Book Events President Perry Hooks and Steve Shapiro, author of "Best Practices are Stupid: 40 Ways to Out-Innovate the Competition," also appear.
Union fights to save veterans' jobs at Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point - June 1, 2012 and June 8, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Department of Defense Local 1708 President Bill McGuire and 4th District National Representative Kevin Droste detail the union's efforts to save 40 veterans' jobs at the Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point in Southport, N.C. Charles Stephenson, co-author of "The Beat! Go-Go Music from Washington, D.C.," also discusses the birth of go-go in the District and how Chuck Brown inspired the city through music.
Gene Zapfel, group vice president at Unisys, discusses the declining federal contracting dollars. Lt. Gen. Jack Stultz, chief of the Army Reserve, and John Gage, national president of the American Federation of Government Employees, talk about stepping down from their respective jobs. Jim Shelton of the Education Department explains why the Office of Management and Budget gives his department high marks.
Rep. Chris Van Hollen, Dalia Rabin highlight importance of public service - May 18, 2012 and May 25, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Yitzhak Rabin Center Chair Dalia Rabin honors AFGE National Secretary-Treasurer J. David Cox, who received the 2012 Yitzhak Rabin Public Service Award. Also, Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) discusses the Budget Control Act and First Command Financial Services District Advisor Bob Hill provides retirement planning tips for federal employees.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Secretary-Treasurer J. David Cox, 8th District National Vice President Jane Nygaard and Legislative Representative Marilyn Park preview National Nurses Week May 6 - 12. The trio discusses challenges federal nurses face at the Department of Veterans Affairs, Bureau of Prisons and Department of Defense and highlights the union's Nurses Steering Committee.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
After more than two years of tough negotiations, the Social Security Administration and its largest union, The American Federation of Government Employees, have signed off on final contract. The contract includes changes to office travel and vision benefits.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Economic Policy Institute Economist Monique Morrissey discusses the outlook for Social Security's trust fund, while AFGE 14th District National Representative Johnnie Walker details a new affordable housing program for D.C. government workers. Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law Public Policy Director Tanya Clay House and GovLoop Founder and President Steve Ressler also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey discusses President Obama's "Buffett Rule" tax legislation, while GovLoop Founder and President Steve Ressler previews the Next Generation of Government Summit. National Women's Law Center vice presidents Emily Martin and Judy Waxman join Ian Millhiser from the Center for American Progress to discuss health care reform.
The American Federation of Government Employees has asked the Office of Special Counsel to investigate the case of a VA doctor who believes she was unfairly targeted by superiors due to her critical Senate testimony.