Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School, talks about the most recent graduating class. Merry Korn, CEO of Pearl Interactive Network, discusses how her company is helping veterans find work. AFGE National President J. David Cox talks about the ratification of the TSA's first-ever collective bargaining agreement. Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon discusses efforts to transition veterans back into civilian life.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox and Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten analyze Election Day results and the impact on federal employees. AFGE Legislative Representative Marilyn Park then addresses the importance of Veterans Day, while Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey discusses FEMA's response in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
A historic labor agreement covering 45,000 transportation security officers has been ratified.
Importance of Hispanic vote discussed on "Inside Government" - October 26, 2012 and November 2nd, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Democratic National Committee Senior Advisor for Hispanic Affairs Juan Sepúlveda addresses the importance of the Hispanic vote in the upcoming elections while Rep. Peter Welch, D-Vt., discusses infrastructure investment and reviving the middle class. AFGE National Secretary-Treasurer Eugene Hudson Jr. and Federal Aviation Administration Local 2282 President Greg Brooks also appear.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski responds to the agency's decision to reduce public office hours. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., discusses the danger of cutting public services while Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., shares ideas to encourage U.S. manufacturing. Consumer Product Safety Commission spokeswoman Nikki Fleming also appears.
A collection of federal unions and watchdogs groups wrote to the House and Senate Armed Services Committee urging support for a law capping taxpayer-funded contracting compensation costs at $230, 700 — the maximum salary earned by the highest-paid federal employees.
The Veterans Affairs Department's National Cemetery Administration is testing the new employee appraisal system, called GEAR, to better define and measure employee performance. The Coast Guard also is preparing a pilot of the approached designed by the National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations.
Tags: workforce , management , OPM , VA , Coast Guard , Tim Curry , Curt Odom , Veronica Wales , SEIU/NAGE , Mark Bailey , Demetrios Stroubakis , GEAR pilot , The National Council on Federal Labor-Management Relations , employee performance appraisals , Jason Miller
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Reps. John Yarmuth, D-Ky., and Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., address job creation ahead of Election Day. D.C. Labor FilmFest Director Chris Garlock and National Committee to Preserve Social Security & Medicare Government Relations and Policy Director Dan Adcock also appear.
An amendment to the 2012 Defense Authorization Bill, passed by the Senate last week, caps taxpayer-funded compensation for all contracting employees at $400,000. Senate sponsors of the measure say the measure is designed to head off burgeoning defense contractor salaries. Federal employee unions have applauded the bill, but it has drawn the ire of industry groups. The Senate version of the defense bill, which contains controversial provisions dealing with military detainees, must still be reconciled with a House version before becoming law.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Barbara Boxer , Chuck Grassley , Jay Rockefeller , 2012 Defense Authorization bill , Congress , Senate , John Gage , Acquisition Reform Working Group , Jack Moore