Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFGE
Rep. Gerry Connolly highlights deficit reduction contributions by federal employees - December 21, 2012 and December 28, 2012
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) discusses the sacrifices made by federal employees toward reducing the nation's deficit while AFGE National President J. David Cox Sr. outlines the union's 2013 agenda. AFGE Defense Conference Chair Don Hale details the impact sequestration would have on civilian Defense Department workers.
Congress has cleared the way for a $633 billion defense policy bill that includes mandated reductions to the Defense Department's civilian and contractor workforces. Leaders of a House-Senate conference committee, tasked with reconciling competing versions of the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, included in the final report the automatic workforce reductions that opponents say would result in about 36,000 job losses.
Federal-employee unions have hailed the re-election of President Barack Obama over Republican challenger Mitt Romney. But despite the excitement, union leaders are tempering their expectations for a second term. National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen Kelley and J. David Cox, the president of the American Federation of Government Employees, told Federal News Radio their groups are ready to play an expanded role to deal with the budget deficit and alternatives to the sequestration cuts coming in January.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" 14th District National Vice President Dwight Bowman highlights the union's participation in the D.C. government labor-management partnership. Social Security Works Executive Director Alex Lawson provides a closer look at the Strengthen Social Security coalition while Campaign for America's Future Co-director Roger Hickey analyzes Michigan's right-to-work legislation.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National Council of SSA Field Operations Locals President Witold Skwierczynski discusses a series of nationwide protests against Social Security cuts as part of the fiscal cliff negotiations. With more on the fiscal cliff, former Clinton White House spokesman Bob Weiner reacts to the GOP counteroffer. Bill Fletcher Jr. addresses union myths with his book, "They're Bankrupting Us!: And 20 Other Myths About Unions."
Witold Skwierczynski of the AFGE National Council of Social Security Administration Field Operations Locals talks about today's SSA demonstration. Travis Howerton discusses the National Nuclear Security Administration's plans to launch its own social network. Jeremy Herb of The Hill details the Defense Bill just passed by the Senate.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Public Policy Director Jacque Simon discusses the fiscal cliff's potential impact on federal employees. Common Cause President and CEO and former Congressman Bob Edgar (D-Pa.) and Economic Policy Institute Research and Policy Director Josh Bivens also discuss what a fiscal cliff deal might look like.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" Council of Prison Locals Northeast Regional Vice President Phil Glover talks about the dedication of Bureau of Prisons workers during Superstorm Sandy while AFGE General Counsel David Borer discusses TSA workers' ratification of the first-ever collective bargaining agreement with the agency. Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul and AFGE Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey also appear.
Col. Jeremy Martin, commandant of the Defense Information School, talks about the most recent graduating class. Merry Korn, CEO of Pearl Interactive Network, discusses how her company is helping veterans find work. AFGE National President J. David Cox talks about the ratification of the TSA's first-ever collective bargaining agreement. Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon discusses efforts to transition veterans back into civilian life.
This week on AFGE's "Inside Government" National President J. David Cox and Legislative and Political Director Beth Moten analyze Election Day results and the impact on federal employees. AFGE Legislative Representative Marilyn Park then addresses the importance of Veterans Day, while Federal Emergency Management Agency Local 4060 President Robert Autrey discusses FEMA's response in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.