Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFFIRM
Darren Ash, deputy executive director of corporate management at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, will talk about how the agency is using youtube and other social media.
November 8, 2011
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
What's the current thinking when it comes to cybersecurity? As the federal government returns to normal operating hours after a week of snow-enforced closure, some of the best and brightest in federal IT gathered for an industry luncheon to discuss the topic.
Policy change also helps change behavior
Several departments are starting to understand that buying and creating technology systems can be done in small, iterative steps. OMB's push for agile development seems to be taking hold across the government.
The Lebanon Medical Center in Pennsylvania is using a new dashboard to measure how it's implementing sustainability efforts. VA expects to save or avoid about $178,000 in the first year of the portal's use at the facility.
Former "e-gov Czar" Mark Forman joins host Mark Amtower on today's program.
September 26, 2011
Captain James Cash of the Coast Guard spoke at the AFFIRM panel about the lesson learned from the Gulf Coast oil spill. The panel was moderated by Chris Dorobek.
The agency is extending the FTS2001 bridge contract with four vendors for at least another six months. Most of the largest agencies have not fully transitioned to the telecommunications. GSA is readying several other contracts including for HSPD-12 services and strategic sourcing for wireless services.
Tags: contracting , industry , technology , Karl Krumbholz , Mike O'Neill , Patricia Waddell , Larry Hale , GSA , Sprint , Qwest , AT&T , Verizon , Networx , telecommunications , FTS-2001 , schedule contracts , BetterBuy Wiki , SmartBUY , HSPD-12 , Networks 2020 , Connections , Jason Miller