Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFCEA DC
Director of the Defense Research Projects Agency Director Arati Prabhakar says DARPA's budget wasn't decimated by sequestration, but it is being slowly eroded. The Office of Naval Research and the Marine Corps team up for technology demonstration. John Moniz, ONR program manager, says marines on the front lines can get real-time data using smartphones. At the recent AFCEA Mobile Symposium, Defense Information Systems Agency officials talk about mobile security possibilities.
Tags: Jared Serbu , Arati Prabhakar , John Moniz , Greg Youst , Jennifer Carter , DISA , DARPA , Office of Naval Research , mobile technology , DoD , On DoD , Devon O , budget , Agile Bloodhound , technology
AFCEA DC's Cybersecurity Symposium explores the state of U.S. cyber preparedness from a matrixed team perspective. Listen to Federal News Radio's interviews with conference speakers.
As service transitions to Air Force and DoD enterprise IT models, defining what technology services should be shared is still on the to-do list. The service's AFNet program is the umbrella effort to centrally-manage many commodity IT functions.
The Army and DISA are using more disciplined processes to implement technology upgrades. Email-in-the-cloud also is giving the Army better a firmer cyber posture, and it opens the door for a host of emerging technologies because of better identity management.
Tags: technology , Mike Krieger , David Simpson , Stephen Smith , Army , cybersecurity , cloud computing , Email-as-a-service , DISA , Reggie Brothers , research and development , identity management , Jason Miller , ITIL , DoD