Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFCEA
The department, in conjunction with several other agencies, has developed a framework for a cyber system it hopes will enhance government and private sector security.
All acquisition programs receiving added scrutiny
Agency developing two systems to meet Aug. 1 deadline and beyond
The organization is made up of people from CIOs office, intelligence command and operational command. Task force looking for enterprisewide IT security systems.
It's enough of a challenge to make the disparate IT systems of different agencies within a mega-department like Homeland Security work together. But what happens when those systems have to extend to counterparts in other cabinet-level departments? That was the topic of a panel discussion at the recently concluded AFCEA Homeland Security Conference.
NRC issued a solicitation for a variety of IT services that serves as a lynchpin to changing how it meets its mission. HHS sees open government and health care reform as the spark, while DHS continues to move toward the OneDHS concept.
Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the service will issue a RFP in the coming weeks. Then the Army will follow with a solicitation for its data center consolidation effort, called APCs. Sorenson says it will launch Apps for the Army in the coming weeks as well.
New agencywide strategy will promote collaboration as key component to all computer applications. DISA Director Pollett is expected to sign out the new vision plan next week.