Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AFCEA
By September, the Navy anticipates it will have retaken full ownership of its main IT network after having outsourced it a decade earlier. The service says it wants to find ways to bring innovation into NMCI, but vendors will have to meet some checkpoints along the way.
The comply-to-connect initiative is about removing much of the people challenges by automating the software patching and updating the cyber processes in real time.
Under a construct that's still under discussion, the Defense Information Systems Agency would take charge of some portion of DoD's cyber defenses under a new Joint Force Headquarters.
Under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation program, DHS wants to ensure systems administrators have data on the most pressing threats and vulnerabilities first so they can fix them as soon as possible. John Streufert, DHS's director of federal network resilience, said the recently-awarded dashboard will be set up to do just that.
As recently as a decade ago, enterprise services was seen as a way to cut costs and provide more efficient data and telephone services to civilian offices. But now, with the rise of the Pentagon's Joint Information Environment, enterprise services is taking on a new role in providing tactical information advantage to warfighters in the field, and business opportunities to industry capable of providing both the hardware and software to make it happen.
Joining us to talk about it on this edition of "AFCEA Answers" is David DeVries, Deputy Chief Information Officer for Information Enterprise, Department of Defense.
Kent Schneider, president and CEO of AFCEA, joins host Mark Amtower to talk about the organization, and its activities in the government market.
April 14, 2014
Sonny Hashmi, acting CIO at GSA, said his goal is to have at least half of all employees using VDI in 2014 and 75 percent by the end of 2015. VDI, along with application rationalization and other initiatives, is part of how GSA is looking to reduce IT spending further.
April 3, 2014
The Army hopes to follow behind the Marine Corps in successfully passing a partial audit of its financial statements. While the service acknowledges it's unlikely to get a clean opinion on the first go-round, it is confident enough in its internal controls to give it a try.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.