Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ACT-IAC
Jim Beaupre, education director for ACT-IAC and head of the ACT-IAC Acquisition Academy, and Frank Reeder, co-founder and director of the Center for Internet Security, countdown the week's top stories with Francis Rose.
ACT-IAC is a potent force in the federal information technology market. With hundreds of companies and thousands of people, it's been sponsoring conferences, seminars, studies and even charity events for nearly a quarter century. Ted Davies is the new executive vice chairman of ACT-IAC. His day job is president of Unisys Federal. He joined Tom Temin on the Federal Drive to talk about his new role.
Former DHS technology leader Dan Katz believes the continued surge in the amount of data produced daily will provide a "renaissance, of really innovative, really high-value solutions" to the government's open data issues.
Allison Hickey, VA's undersecretary for benefits, said VBMS has transformed the agency from a paper system to one that mostly relies on electronic data. Some lawmakers express concern about the way the agency is measuring how it reduces the number of veterans waiting for benefits.
Tags: technology , management , Veterans Affairs Department , Allison Hickey , Richard Burr , Mike Michaud , House Veterans Affairs Committee , Senate Veterans Affairs Committee , VBMS , claims backlog , Management of Change , Jason Miller
In this edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook, Executive Editor Jason Miller shares news and buzz about the IT and acquisition communities.
For more than 20 years, the group now known as ACT-IAC has been a medium of information exchange between government and the information technology industry. More recently, it has formalized the Academy program, which offers training and courses on specific government IT topics. Jim Beaupre, director of the ACT-IAC Academy, told Federal Drive hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp about the program.
The departure of Dave McClure at the General Services Administration marks the loss of another John J. Franke Award winner. McClure received that award last year. Friday is the deadline for nominations for this year's award. Ken Allen, executive director of the ACT-IAC, tells In Depth with Francis Rose time is running out to recognize some of the federal government's greatest work.
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , Paul Brubaker , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , OFPP , Data transparency , Christina Ho , Treasury , USASpending.gov , Acquisition Excellence Conference ,
Al Sloane program manager from the Department of Labor's benefits.gov site, and Atacan Donmez, senior director at eGlobal Tech, discuss this year's excellence in government awards.
March 18, 2014
Tags: technology , Department of Labor , Atacan Donmez , eGlobaltech , Excellence.gov Awards , digital government , enterprise efficiency , health IT , intergovernmental cooperation , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , Al Sloane
This week on Federal Tech Talk, host John Gilroy interviews Dan Chenok, vice chair of ACT-IAC, and Rick Smith, co-chair of ACT-IAC's Smart Lean Government Initiative.
February 11, 2014