Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ACT/IAC
Early-adopter agencies of the bring-your-own-device idea are blazing their own trail through the security, privacy and policy challenges of personally-owned devices on government networks.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said the new documents met three of five action items that agency technology managers developed last winter. OMB received buy-in not only from CIOs, but CFOs, CAOs and CHCOs before finalizing the plans.
Three IT veterans will join host John Gilroy to talk about design tools that government agencies can use to reduce the costs of their IT systems.
May 31, 2011
Tags: technology , enterprise architecture , Mark Foreman , Government Transaction Services , Grant Thorton , Norm Lorentz , Dick Burke , Vivek Kundra , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk , website design , ARMATURE
Agencies are testing an assortment of smartphones and tablet computers to improve how their workforces meet their missions. But there still are questions about the security of these devices.
Tags: technology , telework , cybersecurity , mobile , DHS , ICE , Jerry Rhoads , DoJ , ATF , Rick Holgate , GSA , Sonny Bhagowalia , Apple , iPad , Research in Motion , BlackBerry , Samsung , Android , Google , tablet computing , mobile apps , Challenge.gov , mobile computing , Max Cacas