Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ACC football
While many can debate the manner in which Friedgen was fired, Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson looks to have made the right decision in hiring Edsall. In doing so, Maryland gets a proven winner and a seemingly high-character guy.
University of Maryland football fans hope AD Kevin Anderson will make a cautious decision in his coaching search, or risk people wondering why a change was ever made in the first place.
One year removed from a two-win season, the Maryland Terrapins are headed to a bowl game with the possibility of finishing the 2010 season with the biggest turnaround in ACC history.
Friedgen, in his 10th season as coach, has led the Terrapins to a 7-3 season after finishing last year 2-10, which was last in the ACC.
The stakes can't get much higher Saturday when Maryland hosts Florida State. With only two games remaining on their schedule, a win against the Seminoles would leave Maryland one victory away from reaching the ACC Championship game.
The Terps (5-2) are entering Saturday's homecoming contest with a chip on their shoulder and a considerable amount of momentum.
Saturday's 31-7 loss to Clemson summed up the ever frustrating marriage between the Maryland Terrapins and head football coach Ralph Friedgen. Heading into Saturday's game, Maryland had the chance to march into Death Valley and lay stake in their quest for this year's ACC crown.
With the embarrassments behind it for now, the much maligned Atlantic Coast Conference still has a spot in the Bowl Championship Series up for grabs _ and top contenders Virginia Tech and Florida State begin their run at it this weekend.