Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: A-76
OFPP administrator Gordon says the draft of the new definition of "inherently governmental" should be public by the end of March. He says the goal of the draft policy letter is to better clarify federal and vendor roles. OFPP is also focusing on multiple award contracts and strategic sourcing.
Tags: contracting , Dan Gordon , OFPP , GSA , Bill Gormley , Washington Management Group , Coalition for Government Procurement , Multiple award contracts , inherently governmental , strategic sourcing , SmartBUY , acquisition workforce
ODNI bringing work back into agencies and reducing contractor workforce.
Provision in 2010 omnibus spending bill requires credit checks on employees before giving them a government credit card. Law also requires agencies to create service contract inventories, and fully funds the E-Government Fund for the first time in eight years.
Tags: management , contracting , technology , pay and benefits , David Obey , OMB , OPM , GSA , DoD , AFGE , John Gage , omnibus spending bill , E-Government Fund , Agency credit card , service contract inventory , BRAC , insourcing , Internet cookies
Some experts say there are now six federal contractors for every federal employee. So is that a bad thing? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has another take on the issue.
The FY10 Defense Appropriations Conference Report includes a provision that would suspend all pending OMB Circular A-76 studies and conversions in the Department of Defense.
Several outsourcing-friendly provisions made their way into the Defense authorization bill approved by the House of Representatives last week. The bill would lift a moratorium on public-private competitions via the A-76 process in DoD, and expresses the sense of Congress that DoD should insource only those jobs which are inherently governmental.
Tags: DoD , contracting , industry , OMB , inherently governmental , insourcing , outsourcing , competition , Lexington Institute , Center for Strategic and International Studies , Defense Logistics Agency , Carlyle Group , Frank Finelli , David Berteau , John Conger , Redding Hobby , Dan Goure , Jared Serbu
Sen. Mikulski and Rep. Sarbanes introduce legislation to change the way agencies outsource jobs and determine what are inherently governmental functions.
The Defense Department has been trying to improve efficiencies and cut costs by using both competitions with the private sector and High Performance Organizations (HPOs), a solution based in-house rather than on a public-private competition.
The agency received more complaints last year than in any of the previous eight years. GAO also came to a final decision on more cases in 2009 than the year before. More agencies and vendors also are turning to alternative dispute resolution to solve their differences, GAO finds.