Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: A-76
Senate lawmakers won out over the debate about whether or not to merge the E-Government Fund with the Federal Citizen Services Fund. DHS also receives $166 million for cybersecurity programs in the fiscal 2014 spending bill.
Tags: Congress , OMB , E-Government Fund , GSA , Federal Citizen Services Fund , Gavin Baker , Center for Effective Government , Transportation , USDA , DHS , cybersecurity , technology , Jason Miller
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
The latest version of the minibus spending bill for fiscal 2012 includes a $4.4 million increase for the E-Government Fund.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what recent indications from the Defense Department on A-76 and other workforce initiatives mean for industry.
DoD authorization bill calls for all converted employees to return to GS system. Legislation also would suspend A-76 for three years.
Tags: pay & benefits , contracting , Rep. Ike Skelton , Rep. Jim Langevin , Rep. Susan Davis , Rep. Carol Shea-Porter , Robert Gates , DoD , House Armed Services Committee , NSPS , pay for performance , Public-private competitions , Acquisition reform , pay raise , General Schedule system
Rep. Issa says acquisition reform must begin with defining inherently governmental. He also proposes to use third parties to help write contract requirements.
Tags: contracting , Rep. Darrell Issa , Jeff Liebman , OMB , Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Energy , DoD , U.S. Chamber of Commerce , Acquisition reform , inherently governmental , workforce , In-sourcing , P&B
Agencies are getting a better understanding whether they over-rely on contractors. Vendors are mostly happy with the draft policy detailing how agencies should decide which jobs should be done only by federal employees. OMB expects 24 demonstration projects to finish by early May.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Dan Gordon , OMB , OFPP , TechAmerica , Professional Services Council , Business Coalition for Fair Competition , Trey Hodgkins , Stan Soloway , inherently governmental , insourcing ,
Administration officials still claim some success
The deputy director for management tells lawmakers the government will save $40 billion over the next two years. Zients also wants agencies to grow the acquisition workforce by five percent over the next few years. Lawmakers express some reservations about OMB's plans.
Tags: contracting , Jeff Zients , Claire McCaskill , Susan Collins , Tom Coburn , OMB , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs , Contracting Oversight , acquisition workforce , Inherently governmental , insourcing