Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: 911
A former FCC official is calling for more accountability of emergency communication systems in the wake of the 911 failures during a June storm that pummeled the Washington metro area.
Swatting involves calling 911 and faking an emergency that draws a response from law enforcement.
Callers to 911 got a busy signal 8,300 times in Montgomery County on Jan. 26. More than 1,000 calls ended with a busy signal in Prince George's County.
Fairfax County is currently experiencing problems with their 911 emergency systems.
Tags: fairfax county ,
The key to solving a future crime may lie with your thumbs.
Scientists and students at the University of Maryland have developed a Video 911 app for smartphones.
The new backup number is 301-392-3015.