Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: 911
A former FCC official is calling for more accountability of emergency communication systems in the wake of the 911 failures during a June storm that pummeled the Washington metro area.
Swatting involves calling 911 and faking an emergency that draws a response from law enforcement.
Callers to 911 got a busy signal 8,300 times in Montgomery County on Jan. 26. More than 1,000 calls ended with a busy signal in Prince George's County.
Fairfax County is currently experiencing problems with their 911 emergency systems.
Tags: fairfax county ,
The key to solving a future crime may lie with your thumbs.
Scientists and students at the University of Maryland have developed a Video 911 app for smartphones.
The new backup number is 301-392-3015.