Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: 2013 budget request
Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) introduced "Making It in America," the Democratic budget proposal that calls for an end to the sequester while preserving the Medicare guarantee. Unlike the other proposals under consideration, this proposal does not call for an extension of the federal pay freeze or an increase in feds' contributions to their retirement funds.
The Homeland Security Department would sharply raise spending for cybersecurity under the White House 2013 budget request.
Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said he will send SWAT teams to fix problematic technology projects. OMB also will ramp up monthly TechStat sessions. The governmentwide IT budget request drops almost $600 million.