Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: 2011 budget
Ray Bjorklund of FedSources explains why his group is looking at the issue of healthcare technology so closely.
Those federal budget resolutions will need to wait thanks to healthcare reform. Leaders of the House and Senate budget committees say their panels probably won't take up budget debate, including your federal pay raise, until after the spring recess which starts on March 29.
The President's State of the Union address spelled out the budget freeze we've been expecting. So how will that affect federal employees? We ask two experts - one inside, and one outside the Beltway.
Approximately 300 GPO employees are needed to produce the 10 pound Budget.
The Senator writes to Appropriations Committee members asking for money to increase the number of employees for the e-government and procurement offices at OMB. Lieberman also wants to combine the White House's requests for e-government and IT pilot projects.
Fiscal 2011 technology budget request is $79 billion and Vivek Kundra says that will address several challenges, including closing the gap between the private and public sector. GSA will run new apps store for handheld devices. OMB will lead the review of troubled IT programs.
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , Howard Schmidt , OMB , VA , EPA , GSA , CGI , Apple , cybersecurity , IT Dashboard , mobile computing , TechStat , program management , PMAS , HSPD-12 , identity management
Chief performance officer Zients says agencies need to figure out and follow the best metrics to improve performance. Federal Performance Portal will be a one-stop shop for all agency measures that are being tracked through online dashboards.
The White House says Americans would learn more about plans for the economy on Wednesday when the president delivers his first State of the Union address.
Federal budget resolutions will need to wait thanks to healthcare reform. Leaders of the House and Senate budget committees say their panels probably won't take up budget debate, including your federal pay raise, until after the spring recess which starts on March 29.
The Administration offers the smallest increase for civilian and military employees in more than 40 years. White House finds federal employees make 21 percent more than private sector counterparts. President Obama's budget submission also focuses heavily on workforce issues.