Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: 2011 GCMC
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction. joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
The Defense Department said it intends to not just rebuild its acquisition workforce in numbers, but also make sure those employees have access to new tools that will give them the insight they need to make good decisions.
Soloway, whose group represents scores of government contractors, discussed how federal procurement reforms have been viewed on the industry side.
Jan Frye, the deputy assistant secretary of the Veterans Affairs Department's Office of Acquisition and Logistics, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris live from the conference to discuss the big issues in contract management.
Charlie Chadwick, vice president for contracts and business conduct at BAE Systems, said that government and industry share the same goal of serving the public's interest.