Aileen Black (left) and Gigi Schumm (right) have made their careers in the government IT community. They are the founding partners of Accelerated Government Strategies (AGS Group). Prior to their roles here, Black served as vice president and general manager for VMware's Public Sector for 9 years, while Schumm was the vice president and general manager of Symantec's Public Sector for 15 years.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Women of Washington is a weekly radio program that features interviews with Washington D.C.'s ambitious and influential female executives - role models for the next generation Washington leader. Every week, hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm interview the most accomplished women in Washington, who share their life lessons and secrets to success. Contact Aileen and Gigi via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Lorie Masters, partner at Perkins-Coie, joins the Women of Washington radio show to discuss DC voting rights, diversity, pay equity issues and her decision to run for the District's first elected attorney general.
Linda Washington, former assistant secretary for Administration at the Department of Transportation, discusses the importance of being inclusive within federal agencies on this week's Women of Washington radio show.
Dr. Nadine Kabbani, assistant professor in the Department of Molecular Neuroscience at George Mason University, joins the Women of Washington radio show to discuss the history of women in research science and the problem of getting more women interested in scientific fields.
Industry needs to be "more creative and bold" when it comes to helping agencies solve their biggest challenges, says AT&T executive Casey Coleman, the former chief information officer at the General Services Administration. (This is an archive program that originally aired July 9, 2014.)
Dr. Pam Drew of Exelis sits down with the Women of Washington radio show to discuss the importance of diversity in the workplace.
On this week's Women of Washington radio show, Stephenie Foster discusses how women can work on parity in the political realm.
On this week's Women of Washington radio show, former NASA Deputy Director Lori Garver gives her take on the agency's future.
Industry needs to be "more creative and bold" when it comes to helping agencies solve their biggest challenges, says AT&T executive Casey Coleman, the former chief information officer at the General Services Administration.
Jill Singer, partner at Deep Water Point and former CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office, sits down with Women of Washington radio show hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm, for a discussion about cloud computing and insider threats.
Former Defense Department CIO Teri Takai joins Women of Washington radio hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm for a discussion on women in government roles and her predictions for the Joint Information Environment.
Former NASA CIO and cloud computing pioneer Linda Cureton sits down with Women of Washington hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm to discuss leadership, the importance of taking risks and current fiscal constraints on NASA.
Former GSA Administrator Martha Johnson sits down with Women of Washington hosts Aileen Black and GiGi Schumm to offer an insider's perspective on Eric Shinseki's recent resignation from the Veterans Affairs Department.