Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Green Government Special Reports
In 2009, President Barack Obama issued an executive order requiring agencies to reduce the amount of energy they use. Since then, agencies have been putting the infrastructure in place to begin to tackle these goals. Just how much of a difference are these mandates making? Is it lip service or real change? Federal News Radio analyzes the impact the programs and policies are having in making the government more green.
The Smart Grid will completely overhaul our current electricity infrastructure. Some say it could completely change the world while others worry about security and privacy. Federal News Radio's Amy Morris takes an in-depth look at the Smart Grid - what it is and how it's being developed.
Going green in the government isn't just a trend. It is a mandate. But lawmakers say they can't expect the rest of the nation to become environmentally friendly if they don't set the example. Federal News Radio takes a look at what Capitol Hill is doing to reduce its carbon footprint.