Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
2013 Human Capital Management Government Training Event
Monday - 12/2/2013, 4:32pm EST
Federal News Radio's Emily Kopp attended the event. Listen to her interviews with event participants below.
Former Deputy Chief Management Officer
Beth McGrath is the former deputy chief management officer and performance improvement officer at the Defense Department. A recognized federal executive in HR, she oversees management and business operations in her position. She also is responsible for DoD's strategic management plan and oversees acquisition efforts. Her peers say she has brought a business-minded strategy to performance management and process improvement.
Human Capital Director
Across government, human capital managers are addressing multiple challenges at once. There's the aging workforce and the uncertain budget. A new report by consultants at Deloitte urges federal HR leaders to focus their energies on specific problems. Jim Hagy leads Deloitte Consulting's Department of Defense Human Capital Practice, and he's chairperson of the Human Capital Management Government Training Event.
Human Capital Officer
Immigration and Customs Enforcement
The U.S. Immigration Enforcement and Customs agency has been busy the last few years. It's been streamlining its hiring process, making sure the agency's mission is clearly defined and being conservative with its resources. A key focus during these agency evolutionary times is managing the work force. Kim Bauhs is the human capital officer at ICE.