Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The National Contract Management Association has more than 22,000 members, dedicated to advancing professional growth and educational opportunities to procurement and acquisition personnel. The annual conference explores how to do the job in the midst of budget cuts, best practices and contracting trends.
2013 NCMA Conference
Monday - 11/18/2013, 11:53am EST
While there, Tom interviewed keynote speaker Shay Assad, director of defense pricing, and Frank Anderson, president of Strategic Public Sector Solutions. Listen to Tom's interviews below.
Director, Defense Pricing
By some estimates, the Defense Department spends a billion dollars a day. So, of all the powers the Defense Department wields, the power over where and how to spend its money may be the mightiest. Shay Assad, director of defense pricing for the Pentagon, says he's intent on getting the biggest bang for the Pentagon's buck.
Strategic Public Sector Solutions
Committed as it is to buying from small businesses, the government sometimes falls short of its goals. One way it can increase small business participation is to make sure big contractors include the small guys in their subcontracting plans. That's a big topic at today's NCMA symposium. Tom spoke about this with retired Air Force Brigadier General Frank Anderson, now president of Strategic Public Sector Solutions.