Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
AFCEA Bethesda Health IT Day
The annual Health IT Day hosted by AFCEA Bethesda invites federal senior executives and IT professionals to share lessons learned around IT program management, acquisition and the budget process.
2013 AFCEA Bethesda Health IT Day
Tuesday - 11/12/2013, 1:26pm EST
Federal News Radio broadcast live from the event. Listen to host Emily Kopp's interviews with event participants and organizers below.
Some of the top names in federal health technology are on Capitol Hill today testifying about the rollout of HealthCare.gov before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. A few buildings over, cybersecurity experts will be talking about the health care website before the House Homeland Security Committee.
At the same time, other federal technology leaders are discussing ways they can use technology and data to improve the quality of healthcare at AFCEA Bethesda's 6th Health IT Day.
Emily spoke with Leslie Steele, president of AFCEA Bethesda, about what attendees can expect at the conference.
Presidential Innovation Fellow
Department of Health and Human Services
The federal government wants more Blue Buttons. The initiative began with veterans but is spreading to the rest of the country. It lets patients access their own medical histories online. Adam Dole, a Presidential Innovation Fellow with experience in public and private sector health IT, is now helping the Health and Human Services Department write the next chapter in the Blue Button's evolution. Adam spoke with Emily about what comes next.
Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Veterans Health Administration
Leaders in the healthcare community are thinking of ways they can use data to improve the quality of health care.The Veterans Affairs and Defense departments have joined forces to create Vista Evolution — a system that allows the exchange of electronic health records information between the two. Theresa Cullen, Chief Medical Informatics Officer at the Veterans Health Administration and the head of the initiative, spoke with Emily about the next steps in the process. Emily caught up with Cullen at AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day.