Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
SSA, Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
Agency of the Month examines the many important facets of government agencies. Each month, Federal News Radio speaks with top executives from a specific agency about the issues most important to its mission. The Agency of the Month for November 2013 - the Social Security Administration.
In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Dr. Reginald Wells, Deputy Commissioner at the Social Security Administration, discusses the human resources pressures caused by tightening budgets.
In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, SSA Inspector General Patrick O'Carroll explains how his office is helping the agency save millions of dollars.
On this week's Agency of the Month show, Peter Spencer discusses how budget uncertainty is negatively impacting the agency.
In part two of our Agency of the Month interview with Peter Spencer, deputy commissioner for Budget, Finance, Quality and Management at the Social Security Administration, Spencer says lessons learned in 2013 will help the agency moving forward in 2014 and beyond.