Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Multiple Award Government & Industry Conference (MAGIC) 2013
The 2013 Multiple Award Government & Industry Conference (MAGIC) brings together top acquisition leaders, including those from the major governmentwide acquisition contracts, multiple award contracts, as well as the General Services Administration and Veterans Affairs Schedules. Participants share best practices and hear updates on the most popular multiple award vehicles, such as NASA SEWP, Alliant and others.
Wednesday - 7/10/2013, 8:38pm EDT
Executive Vice President
They say nothing happens until someone buys something. When the federal government buys, it needs a contract vehicle. Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) have been persistently popular. With buying activity traditionally taking an uptick in the last quarter of the fiscal year, Tom checked in with GWAC expert Jim Phillips, executive vice president of Centre Consulting.
Founder and Principal
As long as companies have been selling or trying to sell to the government market, there have been consultants to hold them by the hand. One of the long time and most successful is Rick Slifer. His company, Rasa Consulting, helps newbies and companies who want to grow their federal business. He spoke with Tom about what advice he would give businesses trying to break into the federal market now.
President and CEO
Professional Services Council
If anyone can be described as a battle-hardened warrior of federal procurement, it's Stan Soloway. He's worked for both the government and industry over the past few decades. At this morning's MAGIC event, he offered his thoughts on federal contracting in light of this year's sequestration challenges.
GSA's Office of Integrated Technology Services
Mary Davie, assistant commissioner for the Office of Integrated Technology Services (ITS) in GSA's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), oversees $24 billion worth of buying. Davie joined Tom to discuss what she's seeing as the final quarter of the fiscal year gets underway. Tom and Davie also discuss reverse auctions, mobility and wireless Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs).
Executive Vice President
Booz Allen Hamilton
There's a new digital ecosystem out there, but the federal government isn't adapting its acquisition systems so its geared towards the art of the possible. Angela Messer is the executive vice president at Booz Allen Hamilton. She says agencies know they need a more integrated approach. The challenge is how to get there. Messer talked with Tom about what exactly a digital ecosystem is and how federal agencies can adapt to the new environment.
Click on the image below to view more photos from the conference.