Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Excellence in Government Conference
More than ever before, federal leaders, managers and program supervisors are facing a perfect storm of public scrutiny, increased pressure to perform and reduced resources. Speakers at the 2013 Excellence in Government conference will examine greater efficiency & effectiveness of government.
Monday - 5/13/2013, 10:14am EDT
More than ever before, federal leaders are facing a perfect storm. That's according to the organizers of the annual Excellence in Government conference in downtown Washington. Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Gov Exec, offers his perspective.
chief financial officer
Department of Homeland Security
If there's ever a time to make your operations more efficient, it's now. But the Homeland Security Department didn't have to wait for sequestration to feel the imperative. The umbrella department with 22 agencies is constantly trying to streamline operations as it works towards a clean financial audit.
assistant secretary for management
Data analytics is all the rage these days, as leaders pressure agencies to prove they're getting the job done. The emphasis on data seems reasonable enough. But it's easy to get overwhelmed. Some agencies have had success in making sense of it all. They're sharing their stories at the Excellence in Government conference at the Ronald Reagan Center in downtown Washington today.
Defense Logistics Agency
From military leaders to Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, defense officials repeatedly have warned Congress that sequestration is affecting mission readiness. That's not true at the Defense Logistics Agency. Vice Admiral Mark Harnitchek, DLA's director, says the tight budget scenario actually fits the agency's mission.
Emily Kopp of the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp reported live from the annual Excellence in Government in downtown Washington, D.C. View a photo gallery here.