Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
AFCEA DC Cybersecurity Symposium
AFCEA DC's Cybersecurity Symposium explores the state of U.S. cyber preparedness from a matrixed team perspective - CYBERCOM, DoD, DHS and other civilian agencies, and the private sector, all working together. The event focuses on efforts that can close the gaps to coordination, collaboration and information sharing.
AFCEA DC Cybersecurity Symposium 2013
Friday - 2/22/2013, 3:45pm EST
Listen to our interviews with conference attendees.
executive vice president
AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium took place in Washington, D.C. today. Retired General John Dubia, executive vice president of AFCEA International, attended both keynote addresses at the event. The first was with Air Force Major General Brett Williams, the director of operations, J-3 of United States Cyber Command. The second was with Eric Rosenbach, deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy. Federal News Radio asked him if there were any common themes between the two speeches.
Cybersecurity is one area across government where spending is likely to continue to rise despite tightening budgets. AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium is examining the government's cyber preparedness. Federal News Radio broadcast live from the event. We spoke with Brian Roach, president of AFCEA DC and vice president of federal at Juniper Networks, about the goals of the event.
director of operations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Leaders of U.S. Cyber Command are trying to figure how to normalize operations alongside air, land and sea capabilities. That's according to Maj. Gen. Brett Williams, the director of operations for the four-year-old command. We spoke to him at the AFCEA D.C. Cyber Conference on Friday, where he gave the keynote address.