Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
One man's recently patented design is now at the leading edge of a multimillion-dollar industry: combating bird-aircraft strike hazards.
An online knowledge management system has led to better collaboration at the Federal Aviation Administration, according to a government official.
This week, host Ruben Gomez talks with Wes Timmons, director of the FAA Office of Runway Safety.
May 27, 2010
500 performance improvement leaders from across the Department of Defense, including Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Agencies and activities, and federal government agencies get ready to gather and compare notes, and you're invited! We get details from J. D. Sicilia, the director of the Defense Department's Lean Six Sigma Program Office.
The Atlantic City International Airport, located at the Federal Aviation Adminstration's Technical Center, has become the first in the national airspace system to deliver "digital notices to airmen," or NOTAM's. NOTAMs provide computer-generated safety information to pilots and air traffic controllers about conditions at an airport like construction and hazards. FAA Administrator Randy Babbit calls digital information management "key to meeting the air traffic system's safety and efficiency goals," as well as modernizing the national airspace system. Digital NOTAMs have safety and efficiency benefits over traditional NOTAMs, including transmitting to all air traffic management systems simultaneously. And, airspace users get easier to read information. Other airports that will follow the lead of Atlantic City International include: Washington Dulles, Reagan National, B-W-I, Richmond, and Norfolk.
This week's guest is Fanny Rivera, Assistant Administrator for Civil Rights at the FAA.
May 13, 2010
Learn all about FAA's Technical Operations (TechOps) and how they maintain and operate equipment for air traffic control.
May 6, 2010
New plans for NASA put jobs and billions of dollars on the line. Marion Blakey, president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association gives us the private sector's perspective
Listen April 27th at 2pm
Program will discuss key benefits associated with virtualization , strategies deployed to improve business processes within agency data centers, DHS Challenges to still Overcome, security a concerns in a virtualized environments, and future vision for the next 1 to 3 years.
Lawmakers push for faster and more inclusive implementation of new air traffic control system. CTO nominee Chopra faces little scrutiny from committee.