Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
EPA also issues guidance to agencies, and OPM updates the governmentwide shutdown guidance.
The preliminary version of the framework will be published in mid-October, followed by several months of public comment. NIST plans a final release of the voluntary framework in February.
Members of Congress are frustrated at what they see as a failure by the Department of Homeland Security to effectively manage the acquisition practices of its various components, leading to poorly defined requirements and wasted money. But DHS says some of the problems are of Congress' own making.
Suzanne Spaulding, the nominee to be the deputy undersecretary of the National Protection and Programs Directorate, told Senate lawmakers DHS had to reduce the number of federal devices that will be covered by the CDM program because of budget shortfalls.
DHS, HHS, Interior and USDA all are on board to try out the Total Workplace initiative that focuses on open spaces, hotelling and mobile employees. GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini said a new approach to office space will save money and improve how agencies meet their missions.
Tara O'Toole, the undersecretary of science and technology at the Homeland Security Department, announced she will step down after more than four years leading research and development efforts at the agency.
While the threat of a Sept. 11-style attack may not be as great, terrorism, either of the lone-wolf or state-sponsored variety, still poses a threat to the U.S. Agencies are moving to protect themselves in areas such as cybersecurity.
Like all U.S. citizens, federal employees' rights are protected under the First Amendment. But when their private lives conflict with their agency's mission, it's another story. DHS employee Ayo Kimathi's racist website is a case in point.
In her farewall remarks Tuesday, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano said security improvements have made the U.S. safer. She will leave her position Sept. 6.
An employee who runs a racist website predicting and advocating a race war has been put on paid administrative leave. His website criticizes whites, gays, those of mixed race, and blacks who integrate with whites.
AP source: DHS employee running website that predicts race war, calls on blacks to fight
Eight cutting-edge technologies developed by the government are being shown off this week to venture capitalists and investors in Silicon Valley, with the hope of attracting someone to take the applications to market.
Phyllis Schneck is the new deputy undersecretary of cybersecurity in the National Protection and Programs Directorate at DHS. She replaces Mark Weatherford, who left in April.
DHS awards 17 vendors a spot on the continuous diagnostics and mitigation contract. Agencies can now access a common set of tools and services to improve how they monitor and secure their computer networks.
Federal officials say the budget environment — with or without sequestration — is leading agencies to come to grips with the idea that no matter how much they cut, no matter how much they work to become more efficient, they still will not have enough people or money to get everything done. The goal is to install discipline and data into the decision making process.
Customs and Border Protection's P-3 aircraft are important parts of the agency's work along the southern border of the United States to stop drugs coming into the country.
Building off a project to assess the nation's overall cyber capabilities, the Department of Homeland Security has begun drawing up plans for how it would respond in the event of a range of cyber emergencies affecting critical infrastructure.
The Coast Guard decided to implement Ozone Widget Framework architecture into its existing WatchKeeper systems to improve communication and data transfer between the Coast Guard and its partners.
Despite being under investigation, Alejandro Mayorkas testified today on becoming the next deputy secretary for the Department of Homeland Security. Mayorkas said that claims he exercised undue influence on cases in his agency, U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, are false.
APNewsBreak: Official tabbed for No. 2 Homeland Security post under investigation by watchdog