Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Ask the CIO
Thursdays, 9 a.m.
Each week, host Jason Miller interviews federal agency CIOs about the latest directives, IT challenges and successes.
Goutam Kundu, the agency's CIO, is focusing on reducing the number of applications, modernizing its systems and improving online customer service.
June 23, 2011
Luke McCormack, the chief information officer of the Homeland Security Department's Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said ICE has not done a good job over the years in how they communicate their needs and requirements to industry.
June 16, 2011(Encore presentation July 28, 2011)
Agency CIO Darren Ash said media and citizens wanted more information than ever about what NRC is doing in the U.S. and in Japan to deal with the nuclear power safety. Ash said the agency is considering both technology and process improvements to its FOIA processes.
June 9, 2011
CIO Rosio Alvarez said she soon will release a RFP to move the lab's ERP system to the cloud. Berkeley already moved its email to the cloud.
DHS CIO Richard Spires tells host Jason Miller about his agency's data center consolidation efforts and where the government is headed next.
December 2, 2010
CDC Chief information officer, Jim Seligman, tells host Jason Miller how his agency is playing a growing role in health information technology by investing in health data exchange and bio surveillance.
October 28, 2010
Defense Department deputy CIO Dave Wennergren gets set to take on a new role in the department - assistant deputy chief management officer. Wennergren tells host Jason Miller about the new position.
October 21, 2010
David Zeppieri joins host Jason Miller to discuss changes at the Overseas Private Investment Corporation since he took over in 2005.
October 14, 2010
Jim Gwinn grew up on a small family farm in West Virginia. Now he's the chief information officer for the Agriculture Department's Farm Service Agency (FSA).
October 7, 2010
This week, Roger Baker, Chief Information Officer at the Veterans Affairs Department, talks with host Jason Miller about turning around IT processes within the agency.
September 30, 2010
NASA CIO Linda Cureton may have come from inside NASA, but she tells Federal News Radio's Jason Miller she's still learning a lot.
September 23, 2010
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Simon Szykman, the new CIO at the Department of Commerce.
September 16, 2010
Rob Carey has been in the Department of Navy's chief information officer's office for 10 years.
September 9, 2010
This week, host Jason Miller talks with GPO's Mike Wash about updating the agency's cybersecurity programs.
Sept. 2, 2010
This week, host Jason Miller talks with Diane Herdt about GSA's initiative to use technology to improve the energy efficiencies of the buildings the government owns.
Aug. 26, 2010
DISA's chief information officer says he's unsure how budget changes at DoD will affect his agency.
Aug. 19, 2010
This week, host Jason Miller interviews Joe Klimavicz of NOAA.
Aug. 12, 2010
As the CIO of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, Jim Warren must ensure that the site meets all of its customers' needs.
Host Jason Miller talks with Steve Cooper of the FAA's Air Traffic Organization.
July 29, 2010
Elizabeth DelNegro started her career in customer service and marketing, but is now CIO of GSA's FAS.