Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.
Presenters from the National Institute of Transition Planning, the federal leader in retirement planning seminars, take your calls and emails every Monday. Each week, the show focuses on a specific area of retirement planning from financial security, taxes, federal benefits and estate planning, to life after retirement and the latest rumors. Email your questions or call the show live at 202-465-3080.
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan are joined by Barry Rock, president of NARFE's New York State Federation of Chapters. They will answer your questions about federal pay and benefits.
June 13, 2011
LTCFeds CEO Paul Forte, and Program Promotion Manager Beth O'Brien, will answer your questions about enrolling in the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program.
June 6, 2011
NITP presenters Bob Braunstein and James Marshall will answer your questions about Social Security, the TSP, and other federal benefits programs.
May 23, 2011
Edward Jones Financial Advisor and Certified Financial Planner John Jilek joins hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott to talk about how to plan for your retirement.
May 16, 2011
Hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan are joined by life coach Michael Townshend who will answer your questions about personal care contracts...and what you need to do to plan for your retirement.
May 9, 2011
Paul E. Forte, CEO of LTC Programs for Federal Employees, and Beth O'Brien, Manager of Program Promotion, answer questions about enrolling in the federal long term care insurance program.
May 2, 2011
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board Executive Director Greg Long, and Tom Trabucco, the board's Director of External Affairs, will answer questions about your TSP, including any questions you may have about the new Roth TSP option.
April 25, 2011 (Encore presentation May 30, 2011)
Host Tammy Flanagan and NITP Benefits Specialist James Marshall will answer the questions that feds need to know when planning for their retirement.
April 18, 2011
Host Tammy Flanagan and WellsFargo Vice-President Joseph Sullender discuss the do's and don'ts of retirement planning for federal employees.
April 11, 2011
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott are joined by Federal News Radio's own Mike Causey for a discussion on the latest federal issues affecting federal employees.
April 4, 2011
Bob Leins, CPA, and John Elliott, federal benefits strategist, bring you all the tax tips you need to know. And, they'll answer all of your questions.
March 28, 2011
Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott are joined by Nan Siemer, career strategist and owner of Breakers Consulting.
March 21, 2011(Encore presentation July 4, 2011)
Bill Bransford, partner at the law firm Shaw, Bransford & Roth, joins host Bob Leins this week.
March 14, 2011
Elderhostel has changed its name. Bryan DeLeo of Elderhostel (now Road Scholar) tells the show why. We also hear from Zora Camp, a frequent traveler with Elderhostel.
March 7, 2011
Lester Austin, senior public affairs specialist for the Social Security Administration, joins the show to discuss retirement, social security benefits, and Medicare.
February 28, 2011
Does it make sense to work longer now due to the pay freeze and poor economy? What is asset allocation and is it important? How can an investment last longer in retirement? Certified financial planner Karen Schaeffer joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan.
February 21, 2011
For Your Benefit takes on the following issues this week - long term care, life and disability insurance, investing for the long and short term, and the Thrift Savings Plan.
February 14, 2011
If you're a federal employee with questions about taxes or benefits, you'll want to listen to this show.
February 7, 2011
Thinking of retirement? Hear what one recently retired fed has to say about the process. Longtime FBI employee Ernest Porter joins hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan.
January 31, 2011
Is it better to move or stay put after you retire? Hosts Bob Leins and John Elliott discuss this issue with Dr. Michael Creedon a professor of Gerontology.
January 24, 2011