Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m.
Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey discusses everything from pay, benefits and retirement, to buyouts, COLAs and pay freezes. Call the show live Wednesdays from 10-11 a.m. at (202) 465-3080. Or, send Mike an email with your questions and comments.
Federal Times senior writers Steve Losey and Sean Reilly look at the laundry list of hits feds and retirees may be asked to take and what it would mean to your time in government, your pay and your pension.
Host Mike Causey is joined by Daniel Hirsch, State vice president of the American Foreign Service Association. Steve Losey and Sean Reilly from the Federal Times also join the show.
"There's not a whole lot of talk about this, because it's just overcome by the whole debt ceiling crisis," says Mike MacDonald, regional vice president of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association.
July 27, 2011
Bruce Moyer, spokesman for the Federal-Postal Coalition, joined Your Turn with Mike Causey to discuss the group's efforts to learn information about what a government default would mean for federal employees. The coalition, made up of scores of federal groups, sent a letter to administration officials last week seeking information about a possible shutdown, federal furloughs and the impact of a default on the assets of the G Fund of the Federal Employees' Retirement System.
The Obama administration and lawmakers from both political parties are warming to a lower cost-of-living adjustment formula for retirees' annuity in budget talks as the government nears the Aug. 2 deadline to increase the debt limit.
Chris Capuano put aside any hint of pain and then really cramped Oakland's style.
Steve Bauer, executive director of the Federal Employees Education and Assistance fund talks about the organization's 25th anniversary
Host Mike Causey is joined by Paul Forte and Beth O'Brien from Federal Long Term Care Partners and Federal Times Editor Steve Watkins to talk about long term care and an update on the bills that could impact feds.
June 15, 2011
Host Mike Causey is joined by Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, and Federal Times senior staff writer Steve Losey. They will discuss federal pay and benefits and plans in Congress to cut them.
June 8, 2011(Encore presentation July 6, 2011)
FMA's Jessica Klement discusses the biggest legislative threat to federal employees' pensions.
June 1, 2011(Encore presentation June 29, 2011)
Multiple proposals being discussed by Congress and the White House would affect feds' pay and benefits. Host Mike Causey is joined by Steve Losey and Steve Watkins of the Federal Times to discuss what might be coming down the road.
May 25, 2011
NARFE legislative director Dan Adcock, Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior reporter Sean Reilly join host Mike Causey to talk about legislation pending in Congress that affects your pay and retirement benefits.
May 18, 2011
Long Term Care Partners CEO Paul Forte and senior account manager Beth O'Brien join host Mike Causey to answer your questions about the federal Long Term Care insurance program.
May 11, 2011
Office of Personnel Management Director John Berry discusses the work of federal employees as part of Public Service Recognition Week.
May 4, 2011
Host Mike Causey is joined by estate planner Tom O'Rourke to discuss what you need to do to make sure your estate is in order. Also, Federal Times reporter Steve Losey gives us an update on a couple of bills making their way through Congress.
April 27, 2011
Federal Times editor Steve Watkins joins host Mike Causey for a lively discussion of the big issues affecting feds.
April 20, 2011
Federal Times editor Steve Watkins joins host Mike Causey to talk about what's next for federal workers and retirees.
April 13, 2011
Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union talks about government shutdowns, and what happens if the federal government closes its doors.
April 6, 2011
Federal Times editor Steve Watkins and senior writer Steve Losey, financial planner Arthur Stein, and president of the Senior Executives Association Carol Bonosaro join us to answer your questions.
Federal Times' Steve Watkins and Steve Losey discuss the likelihood of bills targeting federal employees will have enough votes to pass.