Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
This week on Federal Tech Talk, host John Gilroy interviews Dan Chenok, vice chair of ACT-IAC, and Rick Smith, co-chair of ACT-IAC's Smart Lean Government Initiative.
February 11, 2014
The Office of Personnel Management told contractors last week that the solicitation under the Customized Human Resources Solutions Services initiative would be withdrawn and a new one would be released in the coming months. OPM says the government's training and management assistance needs changed and the current RFP wouldn't meet them.
On this week's Amtower Off-Center radio show, host Mark Amtower interviews Larry Allen of Allen Federal Business Partners, on the future of GSA schedules.
February 10, 2014 (Encore presentation February 17, 2014)
Evan Lesser, co-founder and managing director of ClearanceJobs.com, will give his take on the State of the Union's impact on federal hiring in 2014.
February 7, 2014 (Encore presentation February 14, 2014)
A judge rules that the $5 million complaint can move into the discovery phase. ITI Council returns more than 60,000 pages of documents to TechAmerica.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts and guests participate in a panel discussion of America's deteriorating infrastructure.
February 6, 2014
Experts offer advice to small firms at the AFCEA NOVA event Tuesday to prosper in the federal marketplace.
Van Hitch, senior advisor for Deloitte's Federal Practice, and former Justice Department CIO, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about how cloud computing, mobile technology, and other IT advances can help your agency become more efficient.
February 4, 2014
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies, will give her take on the 2014 State of the Union address.
January 31, 2014
GSA expects to make as many as 21 awards under the contract, which is estimated to be worth $1.25 billion over five years.
OPM Director Katherine Archuleta called Justice's case an "egregious violation of the public trust." OPM has taken steps to reform and improve the oversight of the security clearance system to prevent future "dumping" of cases.
The newest industry technology association is recruiting new members and contributing to the discussion to improve federal IT acquisition. But in the short term, ITAPS faces a court decision on Feb. 7 whether the lawsuit filed by TechAmerica against it and three employees goes forward.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss cuts made by Congress to the defense budget, and the winners and losers in this budget battle.
January 23, 2014
Business development expert Bob Davis will discuss the marketing obstacles that many small to mid-size contractors face.
January 20, 2014 (Encore presentation January 27, 2014 & February 3, 2014)
GSA made the first set of awards under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) contract.
GSA launches a new social media site to gather industry and agency feedback on how to improve one of the most successful GWACs ever.
Mike Hettinger, TechAmerica's new senior vice president of the public sector, has been charged with ensuring federal contractors that the industry association is committed to the public sector for the long term. Some members are taking a wait-and-see approach before deciding whether or not to stay with the organization.
Experts say the 2 percent drop in the number of contracting complaints to GAO disproves the theory that as federal spending drops, contractors will file more protests. Ralph White, the managing associate general counsel for procurement law at GAO, said agencies and vendors have a better understanding than ever about their likelihood of success.