Roger Waldron brings more than 20 years of high-profile government contracting experience to the Coalition. Waldron served as acting senior procurement executive for the GSA from 2005-2007. During that time, he was also a member of the Acquisition Advisory Panel.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m.
Hosted by Roger Waldron of the Coalition for Government Procurement, Off the Shelf interviews federal contracting experts from both inside and outside of government on the issues that matter most.
GSA Chief Acquisition Officer Mindy Connolly, discusses GSA's acquisition workforce, the Myth-Busters campaign, and sustainability in government procurement.
May 31, 2011
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Marko Kipa of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter, and Hampton, LLP. They will discuss the key due diligence considerations, that contractors should address as part of the mergers and acquisitions process.
May 24, 2011
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Paul Galanti, Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services, and John Cissel with the Coalition For Government Procurement. They will discuss the problems veterans encounter when they enter the civilian job market, and the services available to help veterans in their job search.
May 17, 2011
Al Burman, president of Jefferson Solutions and Chair of the Procurement Round Table, joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the work his group is doing.
May 10, 2011
Marcia Madsen, partner at Mayer Brown LLP, joins host Roger Waldron for a discussion about how Organizational Conflicts of Interest, will be affected by the Federal Acquisitions Regulation update.
May 3, 2011
Jack Horan and Jason Workmaster of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP provide an overview of what every government contractor should know about the civil False Claims Act.
April 12, 2011
Former Congressman Tom Davis (VA-R) joins host Roger Waldron for a discussion on the federal procurement system. Plus, Davis gives his take on the current budget debate.
March 29, 2011
David Dowd, Partner at Mayer Brown LLP, discusses the new competition requirements agencies must follow when placing orders exceeding $150,000.
March 22, 2011
Elizabeth Ferrell and Jim Schweiter of McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP discuss the potential ramifications of a government shutdown for federal agencies and contractors.
March 15, 2011 (Encore presentation April 5, 2011)
Stan Collender from Qorvis Communications discusses the ongoing budget negotiations and the impact on federal contractors.
March 8, 2011
Jonathan Etherton, president and owner of Etherton & Associates, discusses the outlook for procurement reform and oversight on the Hill.
March 1, 2011
Steve Kempf, Commissioner of the General Services Administration's Federal Acquisition Service (FAS), joins Off the Shelf for an update on some of FAS's key procurement initiatives and new leadership team.
February 22, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
OFPP's Myth-busting campaign is working to clear up misconceptions about the campaign itself. OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon joins the show to explain.
February 15, 2011 (Encore presentation July 5, 2011)
What does OMB's 25-point plan to reform IT and the OFPP's myth busting campaign mean for industry? Tom Sisti from SAP America joins the show to discuss.
February 8, 2011
President Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13563, Improving Regulation and Regulatory Review, on January 18, 2010. Host Roger Waldron asks George Washington University professor Steve Schooner what this means for the procurement system.
February 1, 2011
Bill Gormley discusses the government's strategic sourcing initiatives with host Roger Waldron.
January 25,2011 (Encore presentation April 26, 2011)
Host Roger Waldron talks with Jason Workmaster, partner at McKenna Long & Aldridge about the unique pricing policies and procedures of the $45 billion Multiple Award Schedule program.
January 18, 2011
Host Roger Waldron is joined by David Dowd, partner at Mayer Brown, to discuss the acquisition implications of the recent bid protest decision involving Google, Microsoft, and the Interior Department.
January 11, 2011
Off the Shelf host Roger Waldron speaks with Ray Bjorklund, Senior Vice President and Chief Knowledge Officer at FedSources, about current agency budget issues.
January 4, 2011 (Encore presentation April 26, 2011)
What's behind the creation of Acquisition University and how far can acquisition changes be expected to drive improved government management? Host Larry Allen discusses these issues with General William Tuttle, Chairman of the Procurement Round Table.
December 21, 2010