Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The AFFIRM panel discusses how to stay innovative.
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced 27 awards today to local organizations to build community food systems and fight hunger and food insecurity. USDA's Liz Tuckermanty tells Federal News Radio about how they create food security for millions of people.
The Federal Aviation Administration is working with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to develop alternatives to jet fuel.
The agencies will examine the availability of different kinds of feedstocks that could be processed by bio-refineries. Officials say, the development and deployment of alternative fuels is critical to achieving carbon neutral aviation growth by the year 2020.
As part of the effort, USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack has announced the implementation of the Biomass Crop Assistance Program (or BCAP). That program reimburses farmers or other producers for the cost of planting and producing eligible renewable biomass crops - up to 75 percent - within specified areas.
To further stabilize the cost of jet fuel, the agencies have also entered a five year agreement to develop aviation fuel from forest and crop residues and other "green" feedstocks.
The ability to telework is subtly moving from "want to" to "have to."
USDA building in Riverdale closed Tuesday due to fire.
This week's three most important Federal news stories, as chosen by Agilex's Bob Otto, and Washington Post "Federal Eye" Ed O'Keefe.
This week on FEDtalk, host Debra Roth discusses how the federal government is currently using social media and how that use will expand. Guests include Andrew Krzmarzick of GovLoop and Amanda Eamich of the USDA.
October 8, 2010.
Council on Environmental Quality issues new guidance giving agencies instructions to measure greenhouse gas emissions. Council chair Nancy Sutley said the directive includes approaches used inside and out of government. Agencies have until January 2011 to complete an initial baseline inventory.
Agriculture plans to update its second version of its green IT strategy this year. State is implementing power management tools and could save almost $2 million. Both agencies are making headway to change the culture of how IT is used by their respective employees.
USDA plans for second version of green IT strategy, Federal News Radio's Jason Miller reports.
Congressmen Skelton and Davis say legislation would apply the lessons learned from Goldwater-Nichols Act to more than 13 agencies to help promote collaboration and understanding of each other's roles. The bill calls for a two-year detail for each senior official to learn how other national security agencies work.
The winners of USDA's Apps for Healthy Kids challenge were announced today. Amanda Eamich, director of web communications at USDA, joined DorobekINSIDER to discuss the motivation behind the contest and give details about the winning apps.
The Naval Postgraduate School is the latest agency to win in our Best of the Federal Government series.
FEW and USDA build a partnership based on recruitment, training, retention, advancement and involvement of women in USDA's workforce and programs, as well as other areas of mutual interest.
Vote today in our Best of the Federal Government series.
GSA will unveil the Challenge.gov platform in the next few months where all agency competitions will be posted. Some agencies already are asking experts and employees for help. NASA will run 34 competitions before the end of December.
CNN's Brian Todd reports.
Grants will be awarded for WiMax, fiber and DSL deployments. Rural Utilities Service Administrator, Jonathan Adelstein, explains.
The votes are in and Federal News Radio listeners and readers have determined that the Pentagon has the best food choices of any agency in the federal government.
This week, host Derrick T. Dortch talks with Kevin W. Concannon, United States Department of Agriculture's Under Secretary for Food, Nutrition and Consumer Services.
July 23, 2010