Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
White House strategy gives the Commerce Department bureau the ability to bring industry, privacy, security and other experts together to develop policies and standards. The administration made it clear the private sector will lead the effort and the government is only creating a marketplace for these services.
Kundra: Agencies on path for transition to cloud Agencies are on track with their cloud computing strategies. Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra told those in attendance at the NIST Cloud Computing Forum and Workshop that all agencies have identified the three systems they will move to the cloud as part of the administration‚"ôs cloud-first [...]
The idea is simple: Create a secure online portal to make online transactions more trustworthy.
"We are not DHS. We are not DoD," says Jerry Horton, chief information officer at USAID.
Federal News Radio covered two big stories this week on cloud computing. Check them out! Cloud computing e-discovery risks a concern Federal lawyers and record managers are watching closely how the General Services Administration, the Agriculture Department and others move their email and collaboration services to private sector cloud computing providers. Federal News Radio’s Jason [...]
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra says agencies are on track to move to the cloud and framed his ideas for where he wants government to go in the future.
In her position as the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor at National Institute of Standards and Technology -- part of Donna Dodson's job is to coordinate NIST priorities.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Department of Health and Human Services are hosting a workshop next month for labs that want to test the technology.
Making the exclusive cut is cybersecurity rock star - Donna Dodson. She leads the National Institute of Standards and Technology's Computer Security Division and is the Deputy Chief Cybersecurity Advisor.
Hildy Ferraiolo, a NIST computer scientist, explains how the standard is changing to access federal buildings and computer systems.
Despite a 2006 mandate to secure mobile devices and implement two-factor authentication, only just over half of federal agencies have managed to do so. OMB submits its annual FISMA report to Congress detailing the steps the government has taken to improve cybersecurity, including spending $12 billion on cybersecurity last year.
Government and industry leaders are coming together to discuss progress the government has made to advance open standards in interoperability, portability and security in cloud computing. The National Institute of Standards and Technology will hold its Cloud Computing Forum & Workshop III April 7-8 at the agency‚"ôs headquarters in Gaithersburg, Md. Working groups formed at [...]
NIST has updated its Cybersecurity Recommendations for Government. Learn how your agency will be able to better manage information security risks from project leader for FISMA implementation, Ron Ross.
For the first time, NIST is seeking feedback on security controls for information systems in federal governnent.
The National Institute of Standards and Technology has released the final version of its guidelines for information risk management.
OMB mandated departments implement continuous monitoring of their cyber networks by 2012. Part of meeting that goal is understanding what hardware and software currently reside on the computing backbone.
NIST cloud guidelines address security, privacy concerns We told you last week about the two draft cloud documents NIST published. This week, Federal News Radio spoke with NIST computer scientists Lee Badger and Tim Grance about those docs. Federal News Radio host Chris Dorobek also discussed how agencies can take advantage of the costs and [...]
NIST's Gregory Strouse explains why the agency wants to end the use of mercury.
NIST's Lee Badger and Tim Grance explain how the public can comment on two draft documents offering guidelines for public cloud use.
The public has until Feb. 28 to comment on two draft documents on cloud computing for the government.