Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
A decade in the making, the Army gets the nod to start deploying a multi-billion dollar computing infrastructure to support intelligence work.
Bob Brese, the agency's CIO, said cloud service and security operations center will help make the move to smartphones and tablet computers easier.
December 20, 2012 (Encore presentation January 31, 2013)
A government watchdog is looking into Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson's use of alias email accounts to conduct official business.
Gigi Schumm, vice president and general manager Public Sector of Symantec, talks about computer security.
December 18, 2012
A new process promises more advance word on what the Pentagon wants from its military services, but demands they comply with common architectures. DoD said it is learning from development mistakes of the past.
Lt. Col. Bobby Saxon, the division chief for the Army Enterprise Management Decision Support system, said a new dashboard will present data in a more user-friendly way for senior leaders to make decisions about warfighters.
December 13, 2012
Bob Monahan, a business unit director at Dynamics Research Corporation explains how you agency can benefit from agile software development.
December 11, 2012
During Hurricane Sandy, agencies like FEMA and NOAA used various social media platforms to communicate with the public. They were able to dispel rumors and follow the situation on the ground as it unfolded.
The heads of DoD and VA met on Thursday, and decided they wanted to a plan to speed up the delivery of an integrated health record system, currently scheduled for implementation in 2017.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission needed to find savings after its IT budget received a 15 percent reduction in 2012. Kim Hancher, the EEOC CIO, decided to reduce spending on mobile devices and instituted a BYOD policy to cut spending by almost 50 percent.
December 6, 2012
The two agencies met this week to figure out how best to implement the recommendations in a white paper from ACT-IAC. The approach detailed in the document follows closely the methodology used to develop the NIEM and FICAM standards.
Atul Ganatra and Adam Lee from IQ Solutions, will talk about how their company is helping agencies handle large amounts of data.
December 4, 2012
Malcolm Jackson, the agency's CIO, said two new contracts for IT hardware and email will begin to transform the way EPA buys and uses technology.
November 29, 2012
Larry Besterman, CEO of TWD and Associates, Inc., joins host John Gilroy to discuss how his company can help your agency with its communication challenges.
November 27, 2012
President Barack Obama has issued new agency standards for protecting classified information from insider threats. In a Presidential Memorandum issued Wednesday, Obama provided the heads of executive branch departments and agencies the new National Insider Threat Policy as well as the minimum standards to be employed by each agency in standing up its own insider-threat programs. Details on the new policy and the standards were not made public.
Steven Sprague, CEO of Wave Systems joins host John Gilroy to talk about advanced password management and other IT issues.
November 20, 2012
Frank Baitman, the HHS chief information officer, said the agency will move its HR systems to a shared services provider in the coming year. He said HHS also will issue a solicitation for cloud services in 2013.
November 15, 2012
MarkLogic's Jon Bakke and Rick Miller will talk about how their company can help your agency handle large data sets.
November 13, 2012
NSA, DHS taking steps to improve information sharing by creating a set of standardized technical specifications that let machines detect cyber threats and communicate them to one another in real-time. Whole of government approach is starting to take shape when it comes to cybersecurity.
Mark Ryland, chief solutions architect with Amazon Web Services joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency transition to the cloud.
November 6, 2012