Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
West Health's Kerry McDermott, and the Office of Science and Technology's chief science officer, Dr. Douglas Fridsma, will discuss this week's Healthcare Innovation Day, and new developments in healthcare interoperability.
February 4, 2014
Linda Rix, co-CEO of Avue Technologies, will give her take on the 2014 State of the Union address.
January 31, 2014
GSA expects to make as many as 21 awards under the contract, which is estimated to be worth $1.25 billion over five years.
OPM Director Katherine Archuleta called Justice's case an "egregious violation of the public trust." OPM has taken steps to reform and improve the oversight of the security clearance system to prevent future "dumping" of cases.
The newest industry technology association is recruiting new members and contributing to the discussion to improve federal IT acquisition. But in the short term, ITAPS faces a court decision on Feb. 7 whether the lawsuit filed by TechAmerica against it and three employees goes forward.
On this week's Capital Impact show, Bloomberg Government analysts discuss cuts made by Congress to the defense budget, and the winners and losers in this budget battle.
January 23, 2014
Business development expert Bob Davis will discuss the marketing obstacles that many small to mid-size contractors face.
January 20, 2014 (Encore presentation January 27, 2014 & February 3, 2014)
GSA made the first set of awards under the continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) contract.
GSA launches a new social media site to gather industry and agency feedback on how to improve one of the most successful GWACs ever.
Mike Hettinger, TechAmerica's new senior vice president of the public sector, has been charged with ensuring federal contractors that the industry association is committed to the public sector for the long term. Some members are taking a wait-and-see approach before deciding whether or not to stay with the organization.
Experts say the 2 percent drop in the number of contracting complaints to GAO disproves the theory that as federal spending drops, contractors will file more protests. Ralph White, the managing associate general counsel for procurement law at GAO, said agencies and vendors have a better understanding than ever about their likelihood of success.
Jack Midgley, a director in Deloitte's Global Defense Consulting practice will discuss the findings in the company's recent report on defense spending.
January 7, 2014
The Government Accountability Office found in a new report that the 33-month delay in moving to GSA's Networx contract from FTS2001 caused agencies to spend more money and miss out on potential savings.
John Hudak and Phil Wallach with the Brookings Institution will discuss the top federal government issues in 2013, and what's ahead in the new year.
December 20, 2013
Evan Lesser, founder and director of Clearance Jobs.com will discuss the state of the clearance job market and what's ahead in the new year.
December 20, 2013 (Encore presentation December 27, 2013 and January 3, 2014)
Mike Hettinger has spent more than 20 years in the federal sector and now comes over to the trade association from the Software & Information Industry Association. He worked on Capitol Hill and for government contractors.
The trade association offers more details about its claims against three former senior officials who left to join the IT Industrial Council. TechAmerica says the three officials downloaded a "truckload" of proprietary information about membership dues and other parts of the business, which will cause "irreparable injury" to the association.
Resilient Network Systems appointed former Homeland Security CIO Richard A. Spires as its new chief executive officer. Spires stepped down from the DHS post in May.