Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Teleworkers may have the Apple picked for them.
Reducing traffic at Fort Meade relies on telework.
One federal agency is working on apps so stakeholders can telework along side employees.
If a mobile worker is teleworking, does that mean they're in the office?
One thousand dollars may be waiting for teleworkers someday, if some DC area congressmen have their say.
A noted technology author says your spouse hates telework.
The federal government could soon pay a $2,000 subsidy to federal employees who buy their own mobile devices.
In response to recent weather-related dismissals and delays, OPM is offering employees choices when it comes to taking leave.
Federal agencies are working to provide a complete, secure computing experience to enable employees to ‘work from a distance', or, telework. With VMware, agency-standard PC clients can be quickly provisioned, deployed and managed from the datacenter. Agency personnel can securely access familiar resources through government furnished equipment OR their own PCs. Our customers have saved up to 45% on desktop computing costs, increased employee job satisfaction and reduced the environmental impact from all those commuters. If your agency wants to securely enable telework - or just save money, VMware desktop virtualization is your answer.
During a Shutdown: non-essential teleworkers unplug!
OPM reports a rise in teleworking from 2008 - 2009. The survey shows satisfaction among feds who do telework, but reveals barriers that are keeping others from doing so. One Congressman hopes the new law will turn interest in telework into practice.
Teleworkers report higher job satisfaction in surveys. We learn about and unexpected reason why.
Tim McManus of the Partnership for Public Service discusses the state of telework in the federal government.
Roads in the WTOP listening area, recently classified as the country's most congested, may see some relief in the coming months as more federal workers plan to stay at home.
More federal employees are teleworking, according to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
Ron Sanders, formerly with the intelligence community, explains the challenges to telework and how to overcome them.
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology and Head Geek for Solar Winds, told the DorobekINSIDER that agencies' tech shops need to embrace the change - not avoid it.
More than 28,000 workers in the WTOP listening area pledged to work at home during National Telework Week.
A troubled economy and mobile technology are changing the workplace landscape. Literally.
Before the teleworkforce can grab the iPad and go, data storage will need to hit the cloud.