Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Social Security Administration organizes and funds state disability programs, yet states have begun furloughs of these employees. SSA Commissioner Michael Astrue discusses what is behind this trend and why his agency is proposing a law to stop it.
Program will discuss the current status and progress made in Healthcare IT & with the NHIN, best practices & benefits, challenges or major hurdles to still overcome, new technology advances, and the vision for the future for Health IT and NHIN.
A recent GAO report looked at agencies' policies for choosing the locations of conferences and found that cost was the number one factor when it came to planning. Details from GAO's Lorelei St. James.
If you have traveled out West, you have an idea of the vastness of parts of this country. Two Sammies nominees tell us how they've managed to close the gap -- literally.
WFED's Jason Miller reports.
Commissioner Astrue tells House committee that despite the recession, the agency still plans on reducing its disability claims backlog. SSA using a combination of technology, new employees and improved processes to continue on the path to eliminate its hearings backlog by 2013. State agency furloughs, however, are causing additional challenges with the log jam of claims.
The Office of Personnel Management wants to promote a healthy lifestyle for all Federal employees. Experts say one key is paying close attention to the food we eat. Along those lines, an unusual and first-ever, cooking competition was held in the OPM Cafeteria.
Social Security CIO: potential to be an e-business is too great to pass up.
April 22, 2010
Federal contractors are about to become the first mandatory users of the E-Verify system under a soon-to-be issued federal regulation. Is E-Verify ready?
Complaint filed accusing EMC Corp. of failing to disclose its commercial pricing practices during negotiation of its GSA contracts and of providing improper payments
The Baltimore-based agency got $1 billion in the federal stimulus package. Half is intended for the computer project and the other half for reducing a backlog in disability claim processing.