Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GTSI President and CEO Scott Friedlander joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss the company's future now that the SBA suspension has been lifted.
GTSI can go back to working with federal agencies, but the company must pull back from any contracts where small businesses are prime vendors. GTSI also must have an SBA-approved monitor its current and future dealings with small businesses.
Eileen Harrington, the SBA's chief operating officer, announced yesterday that she is leaving to become the new executive director of the Federal Trade Commission.
Washington Technology reports that SBA is not offering information about whether or not suspensions are in store for the small businesses working with GTSI Corp.
GTSI said it will fight its suspension by SBA, but it face an uphill battle, Government Technology reports.
Washington Business Journal reports GTSI's concerns over its SBA suspension from new government contracts.
Learn more about the SBA's action against the government contractor
VA, SBA, EPA and HUD are the first to go through the review process and see dramatic changes. OMB controller Werfel said the goal for each agency is to invest only in top priorities, saving $1 billion a year by eliminating or reducing the size of agency modernization projects.
The council will hold three meetings with Alaskan Native and Native American vendors to seek their ideas on how best to write new regulations for sole source contracts in the 8(a) business development program. Congress required new rules for when agencies can give these firms sole source contracts worth more than $20 million.
Learn more from the SBA's latest Scorecard
The conference is taking place all this week at the Omni Shoreham Hotel here in D.C.
Five years after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, doubts over SBA's efficiency, effectiveness emerge
The Justice Department's new report finds that the number of partial documents released last year increased by 50,000. Many agencies also reduced their backlog of FOIA requests. Agencies say some of improvements can be attributed to increased attention across the government and better technology.
As part of its latest undercover operation, the Government Accountability Office obtained certification in the Historically Underutilized Business Zone program for three phony firms. SBA's Joe Jordan tells us about changes being made to HUBZone as a result.
Grande Lum will lead a program that has been plagued by fraud and abuse. GAO successfully received HUBZone certifications for three bogus firms in sting operation. SBA administrator promises more oversight of the program.
The administration is looking for ways to improve contracting with small businesses and wants the public's input.
Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year, Kalimex, reopened the stairs to the crown in the Statue of Liberty for the first time since 9/11, ensuring visitors' safe ascent up the famous double helix stairway to the observation level in the statue's crown. Vice-president Kevin O'Brien walks us through it.
The nation's top entrepreneurs will be honored at the U.S. Small Business Administration's National Small Business Week events to be held next week, in Washington, D.C.. We learn more from SBA's Sean Greene.
The "Tools for Online Success" site features tutorials, video testimonials, and tips from savvy small business people who have leveraged the web to become more efficient, more cost-effective, and more successful. Joe Zepecki, deputy assistant administrator for communications at the SBA explains.
The President also establishes a new task force on veterans small business development. New executive order on small business requires a new Web site to list agency small business contracting data. The order also creates a new interagency taskforce to make recommendations on improving federal progress in meeting governmentwide goals.