Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
It doesn't happen as often as the federal workforce might like, but sometimes senior career executives find themselves on an equal footing with political appointees. How do you navigate that situation? We ask Shelby Hallmark, director of the Office of Workers Compensation at the Labor Department.
Administration will list agencies' progress in meeting their high-priority goals detailed in the 2011 budget request. OMB wants quarterly updates to ensure agencies are on track to meet their plans of actions and milestones. Meanwhile, the House passes a bill to mandate a new type of performance management.
A recent GAO report looked at agencies' policies for choosing the locations of conferences and found that cost was the number one factor when it came to planning. Details from GAO's Lorelei St. James.
Learn more in today's cybersecurity update.
WFED's Max Cacas reports.
In October 2009, President Barack Obama announced a groundbreaking initiative to increase the employment of people with disabilities in the Federal Workforce. Christine Griffin, Deputy Director at OPM, tells us about an upcoming career event.
The plan includes the specific actions DOI will undertake to incorporate the key principles of transparency, collaboration and participation into its core mission. Deputy Assistant Secretary Andrew Jackson from the Office of Technology, Information and Business Services explains.
Alan P. Balutis
Director and Distinguished Fellow
Cisco Business Solutions Group
The Washington, D.C. area is home to one of the largest concentrations of national parks in the country. But do you know what it took to make the National Parks what they are today? A new documentary on America's National parks airs all this week on public television.
Several "unexpected power interruptions" in Washington have sparked a datacenter move to a new server in Denver.
Michael D. Yates
Author of "Why Unions Matter"
Director of Health Policy Research, Economic Policy Institute
President, AFGE SSA Local 3615
Finding money for job training
The ultimate road trip to career success